Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day started out fine, but around 2:30 my dh went to brush his teeth and we had no water pressure. The fuses kept blowing for our water system. And, wouldn't you know it, our well pump died. Thank god for great neighbors. My dh was suppose to report for duty at 4 today, and with the water situation, he called to tell them that he would be late. They actually were p*ssed. He has not taken a day off since he has been there, and is never ever late. He told them that he couldn't leave me and the boys without any water. They told him that he had to go in. So, he told them that he would still be late. Well, after waiting for the repair people to call, my neighbor hooked us up to his water until we can get them out to fix the well pump. I don't know what I would have done without my neighbors. It was them that even knew what to look for. The best part about the entire situation, is that about a year ago, I decided that I thought it would be a good idea to put the well pump under our warranty coverage. So, I paid the extra amount and forgot about it. Thank god for me doing that because we were told that a well pump could run us anywhere from $400 for the actual pump to a total of close to $1000 to have them come out and do the work and including the well pump. Now with the warranty it will probably only cost us $50. Well, thanks for letting me vent. My dh was sweating it more than I am. I figure that I can't change it, so why worry. Have a nice weekend. Happy Mother's Day.

Traci

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Yes, me too ! It will be fixed soon thanks to your thinking in advance !!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm glad that you have such great neighbors and had the forsight to put the pump under your coverage!!!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
It's wonderful to have such great neighbors! We have been in the exact situation 2 times in the past 5 years. Our neighbors let us hook into their house both times so we had water. They are the greatest!

·
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am so thankful that we do have nice neighbors. At the house we had before this one, we would never have been able to count on the neighbors that we had there. I don't know what I would do without them. I have been trying not to use the water that much. I don't want to wear out the welcome. My son plays with their son all the time. We joke that he is their second son. He is over there sometimes more than he is at home. Still no call from the repair people. I hope that they call soon. The funny thing about putting the well pump on the warranty is that I have no clue why I decided it. I just thought it would be a good thing. I didn't even say anything to dh about it. I just paid the bill. What ever the reason, I am just glad that I did it. Thanks for all the kind words.

Traci

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Traci, I am sorry that your day turned out lousy, but what a blessing that you added the warranty to your pump and another blessing in the wonderful neighbors. I hope that the repairs are speedy and that all is quickly back to normal.

Oh and this is for DH bosses for being such horses tailends :fpunch: .

·
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is the Army for you. They don't care what happens at home as long as you are there to do there bidding. He told me that things were ok when he got there. The problem is that they never plan for anyone to need to call in. They don't have a system in place if an emergency comes up. You would think that the Army would plan a little. Oh well. Thanks again

Traci

·
27,948 Posts
Hope things are back to normal soon! Gonna be doing some baking for those wonderful neighbors of yours? ;)
We have great neighbors too. We help each other out whenever we can. They are older and we've helped them with downed trees & this past winter Jack helped them move a deer that died on their property :( I try to give them veggies from the garden just because, little things like that. We definately don't take our good fortune to have great neighbors for granted.:apple:

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'd cook up an entire feast for those wonderful neighbors. Are you on post/base Traci? I'm going to miss just calling up CE to fix everything once we retire. LOL!!

·
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, I do not live on a base. My hubby is in the National Guard and drives to the local base to work. It only takes him about 30 minutes when traffic is not too bad. We live out in the country right down the street where my mom was raised. I love it here. I couldn't give up my 4 bedroom house for base housing. I have been spoiled by having this house. Monday morning they are coming out to work on the pump. We finally got a call this afternoon. :hurray: So, hopefully everything will be back to normal in a day or so. Have a great Mother's day. There are storms brewing here so I will be shutting the computer down soon. Talk to you all later. Oh yeah, I probably will make them something I just have to figure out something that I know that they will like.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Yaaaaa they called!! Your water will be back on before you know it. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts