Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one area I'm really trying to work on and I'd love to hear what you do to make your home special and peaceful for your family.

I'm working on making every meal special, even when its just a simple meal.

I'm working on making each of the bedrooms special and I'm working at adding cut flowers to each bedroom (even the boys). I just want to make it a special touch!!

I'm also working at having less noise around, quiet music playing rather than the tv on or the radio with the news. Music just seems to soothe the soul.

How about you?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello,

What lovely sentiments.:angel:

I have asked my two teenage boys (who seem to flit in and out all of the time) if they could choose two FAMILY DAYS each week, where we will all have a meal together and chat.

So far it has been great, alot of fun actually. I do love music to, but ive found there is no better time than around 7.30am NO TELLY - NO MUSIC Just the birds singing:cloud9:

It puts me in such a lovely mood for the day, which in turn makes me a happy Mum and Wife.

hayleyjane

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I just try to keep the home as clutter free as possible. I keep it tidy, not so neat you're afraid to sit down and relax, or not so messy it give you headache to look at.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I try to keep things neat and tidy and I try to keep it smelling nice by lighting candles in the house. I try to make healthy nutritious meals for my family.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I love this thread! Thank you OP for starting it and all who have contributed to it!:)

I try to have an "open door" policy here at our house. All our friends and all the kids friends know that they are welcome. It makes the kids want to have their friends here because they know that they will be loved, encouraged and fed! ;) We've also always had lots of pets and blankets! There is nothing cozier than curling up on the couch under a blanket and a cat curled up on your lap.:paw: I've made each of the boys their own afghan and also bought them fleece throws. DH and I share a large fleece throw that we cuddle up under together if one of the kids isn't already there.:)
This time of year we have fresh cut flowers from the yard in vases all over the place. During the rest of the year, our houseplants lend an air of the outdoors and "living" into our home. We have pictures of family and friends all over the living room, needlepoint pictures done by my great grandmother, grandmother and mother up on the walls, antique hutches displaying the silver, crystal and china we have collected over the year. Our pine curio cabinet has our precious collections of dolls, pigs, rolling pins, and oil lamps in them. I try to have something good to eat here at all times. My husband says that he loves coming home to the aroma of dinner cooking or fresh bread baking. I'm a big one for hugs, I love yous and special love notes for all my guys! Most of all though, I try to make sure that my family knows how precious they are to me and how much I love and enjoy them. I tell them how God answered my prayers and gave them all to me and for that I am truely blessed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts