Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Loss Leaders are foods that the store wants to get rid of or move so they put it on sale.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Loss leaders are the items advertised in the flyer at good to bargain prices in hopes to draw you to shop at their store to pick up those specific items. The store hopes that you will do the remainder of your shopping in their store as well - with their regular every day pricing.

Loss leaders/items in flyers are usually placed in a special section/corner so they're found easier. Sometimes they're found on end caps - the display at the end of the aisles.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much. I shop for the sale items only at some stores. We have a couple of wal-marts that will match the price on sale items even store brand. Thanks. I appreciate the info.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Almost of everything I buy is on sale, but there are somethings we can't live without like Toilet paper. and there only 1 brand I buy. But I buy it where it is cheaper.

·
27,948 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.