Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you planning or have you planned an FV Challenge for 2010?

What Challenges are coming back, and what Challenges are new and exciting?

All I've noticed is the 2010 Debt Reduction. Anything else planned?

· Banned
11,410 Posts
I plan to participate more in 2010 challenges.

I didn't get much involved in 2009.

It would do me good, I'm sure.

Like the money and food ones.

· Registered
2,977 Posts
Im in for the Money and food ones also. Oh and no eating out.

21,852 Posts
The hard way, I learned to start slowly with the challenges - seemed to work better for me.

What challenges do you want to see?

I've really appreciated the....

7 a day - veggies and fruit
water challenge
exercise challenge
dehydrating
menu planning

and of course - love the crafty ones too!!

I know there are others that I follow, but don't necessarily post.

· Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want to work on the debt reduction challenge and no eating out (I think it's the bring your lunch to work challenge)

The Lose 1lbs. per week challenge (lately I've been very successful with the GAIN 1lbs. per week, and I've got to reverse that)LOL!

And some new exciting challenge somebody is just now thinking up. Maybe a pedometer challenge - like who takes the most steps per week? Get your garden ready pyramid challenge? Get your household manuals ready pyramid challenge? Learn to knit? Oh, I could think of a bunch of things to challenge myself with!

· Registered
877 Posts
I love the flinging challenges. I used to do the grocery challenge, but fell off the wagon. I did the menu planning challenge for about 1/2 of 2009, but fell off!

I love seeing all the posts and everyone's results!

· Registered
267 Posts
One challenge I've started that I hope to get better on after the holidays is this: Bring down expenses so they are no longer more than income. Unfortunately, I can't bring down my mortgage (small) or my property taxes (ugh!). But I am working on 'everything' else.

· Registered
4,157 Posts
I'm going to start a "Remembering to stick with your challenges challenge" ;)
ROFL ~ exactly!!

I'm all for a challenge to stick with the challenges challenge!

I'm terrible about posting my results with challenges - so I challenge myself to delve deep into a challenge. :dazed:

Here we gooooooooooooooooooooo..........................

Reactions: piney

· Registered
6,478 Posts
I'll be participating in all the challenges already in my siggy and maybe a couple of new ones. I have to say me very favorite challenge is the debt reduction challenge.

Cat

· Registered
9,802 Posts
I would like to see another eating from the freezer and stockpile challenge for January (at least).

I am also totally in a rut with cooking, and no longer enjoy doing it at all. Wasn't there at one time a trying new recipes challenge? I need something to goad me into doing that, and to help make it more fun.

I could also use a "Put it back where it belongs" challenge. Somehow, the floor appears to be morphing into my default storage location. I really to reform.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.