Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to make a list of tools I need. Thought I'd ask you ladies. :)

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I think one could get by with a shovel, rake and hose, but there are lots of goodies available.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I need my trowel and mini cultivator. I use them often to plant annuals and to weed sections etc. I'd be lost without them. I like garden fiskars too for small clipping and also hand pruners for shrub pruning. Hedge trimmers for bushes. It's easy to get carried away with tools to make jobs easier, but I think you can get away with a shovel, rake, water source, and something to trim bushes/shrubs.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I agree with everyone else, you can get away with the simplest of tools, but its nice to have a few extras if you have the $$ for it.

A great place to find gardening tools often is at yard sales. Also a great time to purchase gardening tools is in the fall when they go on sale.

If you take care of your gardening tools in the fall, they'll last you a very long time.

justJenn - Hope you have a wonderful garden.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I learned something new too !!!!!!!! Thanks !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Good idea, not only that, it would keep them from falling down every time I go to pull one out.

·
27,948 Posts
A garden bench/kneeler will save your back & knees. I have one like this and love it.
http://www.thegardenerswarehouse.com/shop/ShowProduct.asp?p_Item No=JBI2000
With the handtools, take the time to find those that fit like they were made for your hand. You will be using them for a lifetime and having ones that you love will add all that more to a relaxing fun time gardening.
Have fun gardening Jenn, it really does bring joy to your life.:rose:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts