Frugal Village Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
We make a real night of it. Every year for Christmas my husband gets Italian cured meats and specialty cheeses.I make up platter and add some water crackers and maybe hummus, some veggies and dip. Some sparkling juice to toast the new year. We watch the ball drop and then the boys go outside and bang pots and pans!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Have friends over and eat and talk and laugh while the kids play in the basement. Usually there are one or two kids still awake at midnight to kiss on. Then we wake up, have breakfast with friends and get the pork roast on for parents to come over later in the day.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
New years

We block ourselves in, wear p.j's all day, I cook all morning, and we pig out all day, snacky foods. We play games and people stop by. Then about 11 we break out the sparkling juice and watch the count down, then come 12 we call everyone we know and wish them a happy new year. It is my favorite day of the year.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I usually get the house cleaned for the new year and read a book. Not one for going out on New Years eve. More of a homebody and don't like being around alot of people unless it is my family.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
We'll play board games with the kids and watch a kids movie with the kids. After they go to bed, we'll watch a movie that we'll rent, probably through Netflix, and then we'll watch the ball drop. Dh will probably have to wake me up for the ball drop, as I tend to fall asleep during movies that we watch that late. :)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I have to work that day, but will be staying home at night. I will be in my jammies eating popcorn for dinner probably watching movies. Most likely I'll fall asleep before midnight.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
New Year's eve we will go to church, dh will probably play xbox and I will probably play on puter. May watch the ball .. who knows.

The next day I will make hoppin john for dinner (blackeyed peas, rice, sausage) for good luck !

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'll be out with my best friend. We'll be eating out, watching the fireworks at the beach, my first adult New Year's Eve in about ten years.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
We are going to the hockey game, it's an early game, so it will be over around 8pm. We'll probably go out to eat and then come home and watch the ball drop and then wait for midnight. Usually I fall asleep right after midnight.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
We have Diva again this year and she has requested "A New Years Eve like last one because it was the bestest ever!"

Who am I to say no? :lol:

The Old Man is working 12/31, and of course, no idea when he will be out. (He did take 1/1 off, so MAYBE I can get him to stay awake :lol: )

We will have our New Years Tiaras and special flutes, dress in our jammies, watch movies (and the Boston Pops during commercials until before the ball drops) and party :party:

On the grazing menu:
home-made pizza
cheese, fruit and cracker platter
hot appetizers
sparkling juice

I'll figure out more as we get closer

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
My church is having a dinner and night watch service. I also have a new man in my life.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Not sure which kids, if any, have plans to go any place. DH and I usually stay home, open a few bottles of sparkling cider for everyone at the house and watch the fireworks from the back deck. We usually put the GKs to bed after the fireworks and go to bed ourselves. The next day I make a big breakfast and start our cabbage and black eyed peas.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts