Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying so hard to think of something nice but inexpensive and time is running out! I will post what I decide as soon as I figure it out. What are the rest of you getting your hubbies? :)

·
27,948 Posts
I think I'm going to write him a love letter. :heartsm:

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I am going to get him a card and put a special note inside.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Haven't a clue yet :confused:

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
we normally don't have sweets around or desserts so I'm making fudge brownies (the cocoa recipe, cheap)

after a nice steak dinner (sale, freezer)

served with wine (the U Brew, cheap hm wine from the you brew it place that we get a few dozen bottles made at every year)

and some sale priced veggies, either asparagus or cauliflower, something nice.

Card will be 25% off from the place I get discount cards, but it will be our traditional type.

No sentiment, just a good funny one, and he picks out a good funny one for me too every year.

He will likely come home with some flowers from the grocery store (cheap bundles on sale)

and we will enjoy our date at home very much indeed.:D

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
We don't go all out and exchange gifts. He'll be getting 2 of the large Green & Black's organic chocolate bars (one milk and the other caramel). Ds1 and I will make a goodie during the day, not sure what we'll make yet though.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Dh and I don't *do* Valentine's Day. Never have. We just don't like the whole idea of a prescribed date for telling/showing someone how you feel and appreciate them. Probably because we've both spent a lot of time in retail...and you see the frantic last minute *gifts* that mean absolutely nothing....except that someone felt obligated to buy them. Ummmm....JMO I rather like the idea that we try to do nice things for each other just because, and when it's least expected. We have some different ideas about what's romantic...

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Gripey and I have been on a fairly restrictive diet for about 3 months now so I'm going to cook his fave meal (chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, salad and sweet tea). All I want is a pan of brownies....:D

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Hey Lisa, c'mon up and we can share the leftover brownies the next day.

Chocolate high being the traditional way to spend the day after Valentines!:toothy:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
Margery, I've made your brownie recipe several times and they're delicious. :)
I don't have a clue what I'll get dh. He doesn't like Valentine's Day, he thinks it's just one more marketing ploy. I on the other hand love Valentine's Day. :bang:

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
My guess is a baby. :D

Seriously, though...we decided not to exchange anything this year, like we did with Christmas. If the baby doesn't come early, then we'll probably just snuggle up and watch a movie together.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I will give him....

ME and my hot body LMAO :toothy:

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
found it for you Lee lee! :D

Happy Valentines.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I haven't decided on anything to get him. We usually don't do anything big.

·
Registered
395 Posts
We will cook a meal together - fried shrimp, salad and potatoes. Maybe some brownies for dessert.

Then we will have a fire and I'll treat him to a massage - I already got the oil. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts