Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UGH! Gas prices took a huge jump in my area (WV) Friday night. We are now paying 3.67 for the cheap stuff at the little store here and 3.66 in town. It jumped .14 overnight! My dh drives 50 miles one way to work and these prices are killing us! :angry:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
The cheapest gas right now is 3.54 in my area, at a Hess Station. The rest of them are at 3.60 and higher. This Hess was at 3.41 last Sunday and went up almost everyday last week in price. I am expecting it will keep rising until it's around 3.60 or 3.70 like the rest of them. I only put $25 in this week and I will see how far that gets me.

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
We are paying about $3.38 (Clarksville, TN - on the KY line). It is so painful and I find myself getting really stressed out about it! We have a gas budget, but I feel like I have to do so much more driving now and again people don't understand when you can't just pop over somewhere for something.

·
Registered
241 Posts
It is now $1.24/L. That's equal to $4.69 per US gallon!! :-0

·
8,714 Posts
~I filled the van on Saturday morning at $3.28 a gallon and by Saturday night the price went up $.06. I'm guessing it's up to $3.40 today.~

·
Registered
271 Posts
I paid 3.41 yesterday for premium with my Kroger plus card. With my beater, it was recommended to have the premium. I tried regular for awhile, but my gas mileage was pathetic. I switched out the oil to Mobil 1 full synth and started using premium only. There was a significant difference in gas mileage for my vehicle. YMMV. ;)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jumped again today!!!

Forget the price increase Friday morning, it went up again today! Now it's 3.71! I asked them if they got a shipment in every day to keep raising the prices like that LOL. They said they got enough Friday morning to do them through the weekend, then a full shipment today. Why would a store do that when they knew the prices would only go up?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here in the UK diesel is the equivalent of $12.50 per gallon! It's getting ridiculous. OH can barely afford to get to work now! :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am in South Carolina and gas is $3.45 for regular. Gas is going up basically everyday. Friday when I left work it was $3.37 for regular. I did not go back to town over the week-end. I didn't think to look at the cost of diesel this afternoon.

I remember feeling sick to my stomach when gas was $3.15 a month or so ago. This is killing our budget and of course, gas is affecting our grocery budget as well.

darkchocolate

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
$3.61 for 87 grade as of today, I am in Wa state

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I paid $3.68 this morning when I filled up at Sam's with our membership.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts