Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
of course everyone is wishing for peace etc
what is on your wish list gift wise.

i am thinking rather than a bunch of small things getting the barnes and nobel color nook
i have 75$ in B/N gift cards i earned or was given as a gift in the past year i can use towards it.

my eyes arent getting any younger i am a huge reader normally but having to search out magnifiers to read is driving me batty esp when i would like i read in my car waiting for carpools or while riding the bike at the gym.

i wont buy ly released books even if i really want to read them, until they are out on paperback but the price for a download isnt much more than a paperback.

and i can save fav books without the clutter .
but on the other hand it seems frivilous too since its a want not a need -so even though i am 90% sure- i still feel guilty spending that much on me .

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I want one of those too or a I pad that would be great but dh says I want high price tag presents. I also want a programmable crockpot that's not much $ or a new cooking pizza stone.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a color nook is 1/2 the cost of an ipad if thats any help LOL

i figure i am the one working extra for the christmas money so its not taking away from anythig else if i do get one. plus 75$ in gift cards towards it makes it much more affordable.

so its my own guilt over spending on me i have to get over LOL

i have no real vices- no coffee - no soda- no cigarrettes no alcohol etc - just a read a holic.

·
Registered
540 Posts
My present/wish is the same every year.. I go after Christmas shopping for decorations, so my friends send me gift cards for Walmart or Walgreens.. Hubby fills up my stocking and doesn't buy me presents.. As we just get by $$ wise, it's my guarantee of getting to after Christmas shop..

It might not seem like much to most, but I LOVE Christmas... I am not in need or want of anything personally, so that is the best present for me...

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i am hoping for the $ to take a few classes. :) I only need $250.00, so it's not a lot. If it doesnt' happen I will just wait till tax returns. :)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
There's this jacket at Penney's I'd love! Can't say I really need it, but it felt so nice when I tried it on. Plus its on SALE & they have excellent "coupon" deals dropping the price to around $50! Didn't have the size I need though. A girl can dream.

I also love to read & a gift card to the bookstore would be perfect! Even a few books from the thrift store would be great! I can think of so many things I'd love... a new blanket or set of sheets or some baked goodies would be "sweet".

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
We did a wish list exercise with the family, Kids and I this past weekend. Hubby wouldn't play He was busy cooking Johnny cakes. He was also the director of the exercise.

1)Dream away (list everything you could possibly want).

2)Rank them 1 to ? starting with needs then wants.

3)Then star the ones you think you could actual get.

4) then list those to get your top ideas

I started crying doing this exercise as it was so hard and very stressful.

Hubby was disappointed my list didn't really have a wish just for me.

They ended up being
1)gift cards for worry free shopping/eating out.
2)some family some activity

Then I asked him in private what would have been on his list, he said "nothing". There is nothing he wants it would only have needs. When I asked him what that would be ( so I could tell his mom and my mom for gift ideas) he wouldn't say. I think it will be new dress shoes for work his other are wearing thin on the soles and possibly his wishes would be what my wishes were.

Why are wish lists so hard?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would like a toaster oven, bread maker, food processor and a stand mixer. I don't think that's too much to ask for, do you? hehehehe

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Textbooks (or money for textbooks) that I need for spring semester.

Or, (bigger $$$) my car repaired. (If my friend that said he'd do it falls through)

That's really all I want for xmas.

·
Registered
860 Posts
If you're talking about something purely for personal enjoyment, right now I'd really like to have a serger. I have one that's several years old, but it's now in the shop again for the third time in a few months because it gets out of timing.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I don't really need anything for myself. There are things I could use but I don't really need them. I don't have a lot but I try to be happy with what I do have. I guess my wish would be that my DGS

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sorry about my former post. I was going to say that my Christmas wish would be that my DGS stays safe over in Afghanistan and comes home to us next summer and that his wife has a healthy baby girl in Feb.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I want a Kindle . My MIL is getting it for me. She said she always spends 100.00 on each of the kids and she knows thats what I want and dh is gonna make up the difference and it will be from both of them. WOOHOO!!!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
You know, I read everyone's posts and they are so neat. Then I got thinking what do I want. Really, I don't know. I know I need a new winter jacket....I have been wearing DS's old one for four year but it is still decent. Inlove snowmen but knick knacks aren't really practical. So I really don't know. I am just happy this year for Christmas because my son is coming home from school and I really miss him. Other than that....I can't think of a single thing that I really want....weird.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I haven't really thought about it much, but that's because I'm certain I'm not getting anything.lol. Funds will be really tight this winter and dh I won't be able to buy gifts for each other again. The kids are broke and my parents both passed on...so, that about sums it up. But, if there was a Santa, all I'd really ask for would be a book I saw at Costco (An Adobe Photoshop tutorial) and a new bottle of hair color. lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.