Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your children's nicknames? Bradley (3 yrs) is Turkey, Monkey or Bradley Pierce (his middle name). We don't call him Brad but figure he'll get that too. What got me thinking about this is my three month old, Lauren Elisabeth. She doesn't have a nickname yet and I was thinking it was interesting how nicknames come about. Some are from the child's name and others are just made up....like Turkey and Monkey...poor kid! So what interesting nicknames have you come up with?

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
My kids don't really have nicknames (that I'm aware of LOL)

Just shortenings for some reason? ie: Oliver ~ Olly, Lucy ~ Lu, Charlie ~ nobody shortens (?), Sashka ~ Sash, & Emily-Erika ~ Emy, or Emy-Lou.

However when Oliver was born we were going to call him Jake and then decided for some reason when we saw him that it didn't suit him, as we both disagreed on EVERY name (LOL) We called him 'tiny boy' (even though he wasn't tiny) for the first 6 weeks!!! It was very hard to stop after that :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Amanda = panda bear, panda girl , or Peaches
Rebecca= Becca Boo, Bec smily girl

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Christopher is either Chris to his friends or Crit to me and the family.
Matthew doesn't have one cause I hate Matt. I just call him my buddy.
Ryan is either Ry Ry or Willie cause his middle name is William. My husband didn't like Ry Ry so he started calling him Willie.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Richard is Bubba.
Christopher is Chris or ChrisCo (middle name is Cody, so I take the Christopher and Cody together, shorten them and made ChrisCo.)
Dakota is Kota or munchkin.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Amanda is Manda Panda or Amanda Pandily Pooh, but I'm the only one allowed to get away with these :toothy: And we never shorten it to Mandy, I much prefer Amanda, and she says she doesn't want to be called Mandy.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Ashley is Ash

Katie is Katiebug

Jackson is Little man,monkey,or little buddy

Even The baby has a nickname ..Princess :)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Erick I call Bubbie, Buster, and other people call him Boo-Bear (for some reason this one grates on my nerves:eek: ) Hannah doesn't really have too many yet, I call her Roo or Joey sometimes... Because of her nursing habits when she nursed before her 6th month of age. (baby Kangaroo) and for some reason i call her Woo-woo...which was a variation of Roo-roo for the reason i just mentioned.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
My kiddos all had nicknames

Travis-Trav or Travers
Tyler-usually just shortened down to Ty
Sierra-she has had lots of them I think mainly because her name is so easy to play with, she has been Ara-Beara, CC, Sierra-Pierra, my nephew couldn't say Sierra when he was little so he started calling her cereal and that stuck for a while but the main one that I call her (I think I use it more than her real name :D ) is Gertie-the reason behind that is one year my niece got a Betty Spaghetti doll and for some reason I started calling Sierra Gertrude Goulash and it has been shortend to Gertie or Gertle most of the time. It embarrasses her for me to call her that in front of her friends, (although I just can't imagine why, ROFLMAO)

·
27,948 Posts
Mark is Marko, Marky and when he was younger and I could get away with it, Pal.
Nicole is Baby girl. :)

Jack is poppa bear, I'm momma bear, Nicole is sister bear and Mark is brother bear.:D Many a made up story was started with:
Once upon a time there was a Poppa bear a momma bear a sister bear and a wee little brother bear... memories...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts