Frugal Village Forums banner

What are your simple pleasures?

2K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  pqb52 
#1 ·
I like just sitting and reading a book. A nice quiet room all to myself and a good book.

Brandy

#9 ·
Reading, definitely reading. For Christmas since I was little, I have always asked for books, books, and more books. Of course, now that I'm married and so thrifty, I ask for ShopRite gift certificates, and Barnes and NOble gift certificates. ShopRite certificates are obviously used on groceries, but the Barnes and Noble gift certificates allow me to go spend as long as I want browsing the shelves looking for the right books. Unfortunately, since Julia was born last February, and especially since I went back to work in September, I haven't been able to read one book. I'm trying to figure out a way to get myself just even an hour a week to read.

#10 ·
I'm also a reader! In winter, I like to take a book and curl up in a chair with a warm blanket wrapped around me, and a mug of hot cocoa, gourmet coffee, or hot tea or cider beside me...maybe a tray of homemade cookies as well. On nice spring and fall days, I like to take a book outside and sit in my wooden yard chair, or take a book to the park and read by the lake or on a bench in the forest.

I also enjoy a quiet walk through the woods (though I usually stay on the trails so I don't risk snakebite, lol, that would surely ruin a quiet time to come across a rattler...) where I can just enjoy the sound of the wind fluttering through the leaves, the sound of the squirrels chattering above me, the birds chirruping away....Mmmmmm......still warm enough for a walk here most days....gonna have to put on a jacket and do that maybe tomorrow! Whoops today! Forgot, it's morning, lol!

#13 ·
Sitting by the fireplace on a snowy day with a great book on simplicity . Oh......lets not forget a nice warm throw!:smball:

#14 ·
:angel: Count me in on reading a good book! One of my favoite "reads" are old cookbooks. I devour them. I learn so much from them and get inspired to cook good "homey" foods. I have a huge collection of cookbooks to choose from here at home and was thrilled to find a "new" on from 1924 at the library book sale for 12 1/2 cents (the books had been reduced down to 2/25 cents!). I can just sit on my comfy couch, cats all around me curled up on the throws and blankets with the pellet stove going and read for hours (so can my 3 boys).

#15 ·
I like to go for drives. Find a quiet place to park and walk or just sit outside. It helps me to sort out thoughts and situations or just be more mindful. (staring at cloud formations) hehe

Sara

#16 ·
A walk on the beach--especially during the spring and fall when it is nearly empty. I drag DH along and make him climb on the rocks with the cold water sprays and look for shells with me. It effects every sense. I grew up at the beach and can sit for hours watching the waves.:smball:

#18 ·
I enjoy just sitting anywhere in nature and observing - taking it all in - little birds - rustling breezes - the feeling of sun on my face - I just get so peaceful and tuned in - i once sat and stared at a leaf and a caterpillar long enough to see him eat some of it!!

#21 ·
Sitting down with a good book & not being disturbed!!!!

Going for a ride in the country & stopping for lunch.

Playing on my computer.

Having all the Family over to eat.

I guess that does it for now :toothy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.