Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Share your black Friday deals and experiences.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
none yet, I am waiting for DD to get home from work, she had to be at Bath and Body at 3am, and gets off from work at 10 am then we are headin to Pittsburgh, to shop and eat lunch.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I'm staying home. Even if I had money to blow, I didn't see any sales that would have lured me out.

Reactions: imagine

·
Registered
147 Posts
Been saving for a new TV for us. We've wanted a flat screen to go above our fireplace since we bought the house. 2 weeks ago the TV started sounding like the Devil every now and then...litereally. The sound gets all messed up and sounds like Satan.

Point being I got the 32" Emerson that we had looked at from WalMart ONLINE!!! Only $215 TOTAL after tax and free shipping!!

I'm stoked.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i went to mattel.com they had 60% off and free shipping
i got 2 hot wheels things, batman action figure set (3 pieces) and a hot wheels motorcycle with man and a hot wheels car..found a 20% coupon code spent $19.81
earlier this week i got 2 boys bikes $108.81 (should have waited)
bed bath and beyond my son hates his mattress so i got a mattress topper for $11.99..shipping was almost the cost of the item..sucked so i paid $18.58..still cheaper then anyone else
target i spent $97.60 free shipping 2 pillow pets 2 sets of flannel sheets at $13.99 ea 2 sets of kid slippers and pjs
walmart desk and learning laptop $89.77 w 8.95 shipping i think
i did get that awesome target daily deal wed 2 pair of jeans for 13.00..those are going to my sister for xmas
i have the free stuff teddy bear coming from some stuffed animal site and a a set of golden books from gilt for $0.95 coming too
bought 2 zhuzhus from cvs last night for $9.98
i wanted to get the kids the smart cycle..but had so much trouble with kmarts online layway they are cancelled and kmart is sending me a $50 gc..so im looking at craigslist for the smart cycle and games..found a set for $40.00 big savings the cycle ranges from $59-99 and the games are $25 ea

·
Registered
133 Posts
I did online shopping only this year.

Walmart: Pj's for my 4 yo (only one style left by the time I logged on) and a t-shirt for my 11 yo. ~$14.

Target: Paul Frank pj's, undies and t-shirt for my 11 yo, Cal King flannel sheet set for me and DH. Only thing "cheap" was the sheet set, but my 11 yo loves Paul Frank and it was free shipping so I splurged a little. ~$60.

Wet Seal: 4 t-shirts, 2 tank tops and 1 sweater for my 11 yo ~$33.

Old Navy: 2 pairs jammie pants for 11 yo, 3 shirts and 2 pairs pants for my 4 yo, 2 pairs jammie pants for DH, slippers for DH and a t-shirt for DH (from my sis, she will pay me back for this). ~$77.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Walgreens has their regular size boxes of Russell Stover chocolates for $3.99 today, and I went and got my limit of 3.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I don't do "Black Friday", but on the 15th our son bought a game system, this Wednesday it was messing up so he returned it, they wouldn't replace it sense the stock they had was for the Black Friday deal so he got his cash back.. Well, he went to a gaming place to get one and they said to come back Friday and get a free $60 game with it, done deal.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
My black friday happiness was buying a new pair of TOMS that I was eyeing. No sale but I did free shipping and that was enough for me. :hurray:

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My black friday happiness was buying a new pair of TOMS that I was eyeing. No sale but I did free shipping and that was enough for me. :hurray:
What are TOMS?

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i got soe fishing tackle. but it wasn't on sale...I suck at black friday shopping, but i spent only 10.00

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Went to Target (total saved $18):
$6 boys jeans (3pr)
$10 boys pj set
$11 Hex bug
$8 long sleeve character tees (2)

Kmart (total saved $82):
Nerf gun $10
$50 jewelry box for $20
ladies 2pc pjs $8 (2)
3pk fuzzy socks $3 (2)
$5 boys jeans (2pr)
boys gloves $2.50 (3pr)

Gamestop
used Nintendo DS lite $70 (2)

And last night after dinner I went online to Walmart.com and got a digital camera for $58 and a pink iPod dock for $30, free shipping.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I got a set of 4-16 oz. Tervis Tumblers (lifetime warranty, made here in FL) at Beall's for $15.49!!! They normally sell for $12 EACH. They're awesome. Ice stays in them for hours and they are really good about their warranty. You don't even have to have a receipt because their name is embossed on the bottom of the cups.

Best part? This is ALL I spent today. Exactly what I wanted, and all I really needed. I did get a 30 lb. container of Tidy Cat litter for $7.99, but we needed that and it's in the kit/bath budget for the month, so I don't count that towards "Black Friday" spending. Plus, it came with a $5 coupon towards any Purina product so the cats will be getting canned cat food and treats for their Xmas presents :)

Been saving for a new TV for us. We've wanted a flat screen to go above our fireplace since we bought the house. 2 weeks ago the TV started sounding like the Devil every now and then...litereally. The sound gets all messed up and sounds like Satan.

Point being I got the 32" Emerson that we had looked at from WalMart ONLINE!!! Only $215 TOTAL after tax and free shipping!!

I'm stoked.
I HATE doing this, because you got a great deal :) So I don't wanna burst your bubble, BUT... I do have to warn you about putting a TV over a fireplace. You should burn a fire and see what kinda temp it's going to be up on that wall before you put anything electronic up there. It might warp the screen or melt the plastic. My parents are considering doing the same thing. It's like the only good place in their living room to put a flat screen. I'd just hate to see you (or them) ruin a great deal on accident :( I don't know what kind of set-up you've got at your place, but my parents would be hanging theirs just a couple of feet above where the fireplace is, not to mention the flu is just behind that wall.

G

·
I finished up all my Christmas shopping - most of it's done on Amazon - and this year I was able to get DH 2 Xbox games instead of the 1 I planned on because the Black Friday sale had them at $30 each instead of $50.

I did also spend $75 on myself at Nine West and got 3 pairs of shoes - I almost bought the same 3 pairs 3-4 weeks ago, but couldn't part with $150. I couldn't pass them up at $75 though!

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Got Dh (today's his B'day) a 160 GB Ipod touch @ Samsclub for $235.00 my son and I are splitting the cost..

Bought at Jcpenney several pairs of flannel pj bottoms for my youngest & oldest son on sale for $7.99 each..they live in them all winter long..3 henley tops to go w/pj bottoms for youngest son @ $8.99 each...3 flannel plaid shirts for my oldest son @ $10.00 each.. a nicely made robe for my youngest @$12.99...6 pair's of fuzzy socks for me @ $2.00 a pair...

Bought at Hot Topic.. 1 pink floyd T-shirt for oldest son @ $12.50..1 Metallica T-shirt for middle son @ $12.50...4 guitar pick's @ .50 each..

Bought at Famous Footware... 8 pairs of nike sock's for my youngest son @ $1.60 after $15.00 discount coupon..

bought at Samsclub..1 levi insulated plaid shirt for oldest son @ $20.00...1 levi insulated plaid shirt for middle son @ $20.00 each..

I'm very pleased with my purchases..I saved quite a bit considering how many" NEEDED" clothing I bought...

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm still working on it, but almost all my shopping is online, with one exception of a quick trip to Walmart at 1:30pm. The store wasn't busy.

19" HDTV for $98 (Amazon)

Belkin 6 Oulet Wallmount Surge Protector $6 (Amazon).

Indy pack of 5 games @ steam for $5, World of Goo is so much fun.

Magnavox bluray wifi player $69 from Walmart (5130 model, is marked $118 in store, but rings up at the $69 Black Friday price for the 5120 model)

96 AA batteries from Lowe's for $2.12 (after coupons/online)

·
Registered
125 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.