Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my memory is swiss cheese today so please bear with me if I already asked this, it doesn't come up when I search my old posts, so hopefully it's not a repeat, lol.

would you mind sharing the books or websites that you found helpful when you tried to change to frugality?

I read Tightwad Gazette a few times over the years, Afluenza was a good one. But they are both pretty old I think. This old dog needs new tricks to get motivated. TIA

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love Tightwad Gazette. I also read Moneysavingmom.com, lifeasmom, joyfullythriving. I can't think of any others right now.

Reactions: Bernice

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
I have gotten tips from all those sites but I googled frugal grandma sites and gotten some good hits
-nanaisfrugal.wordpress.com love her story and her quilts. She shows what can be done w/ about nothing

·
Registered
895 Posts
I liked the Suze Orman approach, also because it is not as rigid as DR and because DR is just a far from my bed show. (No debt, build my BEF at 8, so you know what kind of family I come from.) I believe she has some youtube videos you can watch.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Some articles are about handling money, some are about frugality- I still often check in with msn personal finance. I also like wisebread.com. And of course, you can't beat the Frugal Village forums (right here!)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some articles are about handling money, some are about frugality- I still often check in with msn personal finance. I also like wisebread.com. And of course, you can't beat the Frugal Village forums (right here!)
thanks! I like things about personal finance and frugality, as well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts