Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been very good lately about turning one nights meal into something different the next night or two...
I made piccolinni pasta with sauce Sunday night.(didnt cook last night because I worked a double shift while it was offered!)
I wanted to use the leftovers up tonight...

what do you do with your leftover pasta?

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
We generally fry it with julienned veggies/meats and add shredded cabbage. Kinda like chow mein - add in your asian oils/sauces/seasonings etc.

We also add to soups or change up the sauce we put on - creamy alfredo vs tomato or mix it up with a blush sauce? Or a pesto?

I've also heard of people making it into a pizza crust for a spaghetti pizza/spaghetti pie?

ETA: Cold pasta salad, dice up veggies, add in protein of choice and mix with dressing or mayo :)

·
2,688 Posts
Depending on your family size, the key is how much you cook.
For the two of us, I use half a pound of pasta.
Then any leftovers, get ate on day 2 or day 3.
If making macaroni, I keep half separate, for a macaroni salad and I make goulash with the other half.
Spaghetti is real good day two. If there are still leftovers, I then head them out to the chickens.
I been trying to cook less, so less leftovers.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
If it's spaghetti or ziti with red sauce, it reappears in a day or two fried in a pan with a little olive oil and a little water. I've always thought that leftover spaghetti tastes better the second time around :).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put the pasta in a container or a freezer bag, and freeze it. When I want to use it, simply drop it in boiling water. Once the water reaches boiling point again, strain it through a colander, and it is like it's been freshly boiled...!

·
19,119 Posts
People here make spaghetti sandwiches with LO

·
Registered
120 Posts
Spaghetti Sandwiches (just two pieces of toast or garlic bread with spaghetti in between)
Spaghetti burritos or spaghetti tacos are not so bad either (or am I just weird)
Spaghetti pie is not such a bad Idea
Add some chicken and call it chicken Parmesan
If its just the noodles add some shrimp and some butter lemon sauce and you have shrimp scampi.

I think I'm carried away here

·
Registered
348 Posts
I put spaghetti (no sauce) in a bowl. Beat an egg and add to bowl. Stir together. Slop it into a greased pie pan-I use ceramic or glass. Add sauce, cheese and toppings. Bake at 350 degrees F until a knife comes out without egg on it. Serve in wedges with more sauce and parmesan cheese. YUM!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I make spaghetti and cheese casserole. Grease or butter a covered baking dish large enough to hold the pasta plus some cheese. Put half the pasta in the bottom. Top with shredded or sliced cheese of your favorite type and amount. Top with remaining pasta and another layer of shredded cheese. Beat and egg or two with a little milk, some worschestershire, and pepper. Pour over pasta. Bake covered at 350 until cheese has melted nicely. Uncover and bake until cheese is slightly browned in spots. I think I usually cook it around 30-45 minutes total. The egg should be nicely cooked. I serve this with baked chicken or ham. My great grandmother made this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.