Frugal Village Forums banner

What career will suit your personality?

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  ShadowMom 
#1 ·
Fun test!

What career will suit your personality? | iVillage UK

Already did the events organizer and if you count homeschooling, teacher. Also taught Native American history to third and fourth graders. Kind of like the idea of travel agent, sounds like fun.

My Results

This description is a generalisation. If it rings true, you've found your career type.

You would most enjoy a career that allows you to meet new people. You would also be happiest in a career that allows you to be free and flexible, and allows you to be extremely creative. Some careers that would be perfect for you are:

Stockbroker
Secretary
Receptionist
Director
Recruitment Consultant
Politician
Marketing
Human Resources Manager
Religious Minister
Teacher
Lawyer
Advertising
Consultant
Financial Adviser
Financial Planner
GP
Physical Therapy
Occupational Therapy
Public Relations
Estate Agent
Travel Agent
Restauranteur/Hotel Manager
Events Organiser
You are a great leader. You genuinely enjoy being around other people. Your relationships with others are very important to you. You love talking and meeting new people. You are very enthusiastic about work and about all that you do and have in your life. You love being the focus of attention. You enjoy a fast pace. You are very socially oriented. Therefore, you are much happier being with others than you are alone. You crave interaction with others.

You are very spontaneous and often act before you think. You are always quick to answer when you are asked a question, even if you aren't sure of the answer. It is easier for you to improvise as you go along. You enjoy thinking out loud, and are most creative when brainstorming with friends or colleagues. You enjoy being involved in many activities.

You are very easy to read, and often wear your heart on your sleeve. You are never afraid to tell people what you think. You are very empathetic and genuine. You can sometimes be seen as over-emotional or too involved by others. But that is only because you tend to get so involved in the things you do that they become personal. You want to be adored, loved and appreciated. You like to please others and to make sure people are happy.

You trust your gut instincts. You are easily inspired and trust that inspiration. You are very innovative. You analyse things by looking at the big picture. You are concerned about how what you do affects others. You worry about your actions and the future. You tend to use a lot of metaphors and are very descriptive and colourful in your choice of language.

You are very creative, and get bored easily if you don't get to express yourself. You like to learn new things. You don't like the same old routine. You like to leave your options open.

Finding a career that is right for you isn't always an easy thing. However, if you secure a job that is suited to your personality type you will enjoy going to work, feel great about yourself, feel appreciated and look forward to what's ahead.

This test was adapted from C. G. Jung's famous personality types.

See less See more
#2 ·
It is scary how true this generalization is: But I guess if the shoe fits, I need to wear it. I DID want to be a Marine Biologist when I was in High School trying to decide what I wanted to be.

This description is a generalization. If it rings true, you've found your career type.
You would be very happy in a career that utilized your level-headedness, and allowed you to work mainly on your own. You want a career that allows you to stimulate your senses and your mind, without having to be involved with lots of people. Some careers that would be perfect for you are:
• Novelist
• Photographer
• Vet
• Medical Technician
• Paralegal
• Geologist
• Marine Biologist
• Graphic Designer
• Online Content Developer
• Webmaster
• Computer Security
• Producer
• Computer Programmer
• Technical Writer
• Systems Analyst
• Meteorologist
• Artist
You like working and being alone. You like to avoid attention at all costs. You tend to keep to yourself, and not interact much with the people around you. You enjoy spending time with a few a close friends. You like to listen to others, but don't like sharing much about yourself. You are very quiet and private.
You are very practical, and only act after thinking things through. You don't like being forced to answer quickly. You have to evaluate the situation completely. You make decisions based on what you can verify with your senses.
You like to be involved deeply in one or two special projects. You like to be behind the scenes. You are very logical and fair. You feel you should be honest with others at all costs.
You trust what is certain. You only like new ideas if they can be practically applied to the situation. You value what is real. You use your common sense. You like to utilize the skills you have instead of learning new ones. You are very specific and detailed when writing or talking to others. You follow directions well. You like things to be laid out for you to do instead of working them out for yourself. You like decisions to be made. You don't like things to be left in limbo. You like to know what you are getting into before you commit to something.
You like to focus on the here and now. You enjoy completing projects. It is important for you to achieve and succeed. Therefore, you believe in working hard and playing later. You like to set goals and work towards them.
Finding a career that is right for you isn't always an easy thing. However, if you secure a job that is suited to your personality type you will enjoy going to work, feel great about yourself, feel appreciated and look forward to what's ahead.

Reactions: pollypurebred39
#6 ·
It is scary how true this generalization is: But I guess if the shoe fits, I need to wear it. I DID want to be a Marine Biologist when I was in High School trying to decide what I wanted to be.
Let me explain something, I never made it to college to become a Marine Biologist. That undoubtedly was just a dream that was never to be. I never even got to go to college. I married 2 years after I graduated from HS and started having kids 2 years later. I worked at a bank here for 34 years in the Loan Operations department until they were bought out and the new owners let most of us go. I would not changed a thing about how my life has progressed. I love my family and how I have lived for all these years.

But let me be clear.... I would still have loved to become a Marine Biologist. :gfish::gfish::gfish::gfish: Just me and the fishes.

#3 ·
Here's mine :) I'm a cashier but creative at home! I've always wanted to be a marine biologist wow!

You would be very happy in a career that utilised your level-headedness, and allowed you to work mainly on your own. You want a career that allows you to stimulate your senses and your mind, without having to be involved with lots of people. Some careers that would be perfect for you are:

•Novelist
•Photographer
•Vet
•Medical Technician
•Paralegal
•Geologist
•Marine Biologist
•Graphic Designer
•Online Content Developer
•Webmaster
•Computer Security
•Producer
•Computer Programmer
•Technical Writer
•Systems Analyst
•Meteorologist
•Artist
You like working and being alone. You like to avoid attention at all costs. You tend to keep to yourself, and not interact much with the people around you. You enjoy spending time with a few a close friends. You like to listen to others, but don't like sharing much about yourself. You are very quiet and private.

You are very practical, and only act after thinking things through. You don't like being forced to answer quickly. You have to evaluate the situation completely. You make decisions based on what you can verify with your senses.

You like to be involved deeply in one or two special projects. You like to be behind the scenes. You are very logical and fair. You feel you should be honest with others at all costs.

You trust what is certain. You only like new ideas if they can be practically applied to the situation. You value what is real. You use your common sense. You like to utilise the skills you have instead of learning new ones. You are very specific and detailed when writing or talking to others. You follow directions well. You like things to be laid out for you to do instead of working them out for yourself. You like decisions to be made. You don't like things to be left in limbo. You like to know what you are getting into before you commit to something.

You like to focus on the here and now. You enjoy completing projects. It is important for you to achieve and succeed. Therefore, you believe in working hard and playing later. You like to set goals and work towards them.

Reactions: pollypurebred39
#4 ·
Marine Biologist! Wow! Now that would be a cool career!

I also thought it was scary how just a few questions could pinpoint with such accuracy. I didn't mention that I also was a receptionist at one point, I did books and took inventory there. And I was a manager for Burger King, back when it was not all computerized and you needed knowledge of book keeping and such. Maybe not a full fledged restaurant, but I'm guessing close enough for this test. It didn't list a few other things I've done in my life like bartender, but I think it sort of fits. Too weird the accuracy!

Got to say that while I love the travel agent idea it's probably not even an option anymore. When's the last time you saw a travel agent?

#5 ·
Thank you so much for this!! I am leaving my current job of 14 years and have no idea what I'm doing next!! EEEEK!! Ok here's what it suggested, it pulled at my heart-strings that it said Vet, that's what I wanted to be when I was young and it didn't happen.
------------

You would be very happy in a career that utilised your level-headedness, and allowed you to work mainly on your own. You want a career that allows you to be creative, without having to be involved with lots of people. Some careers that would be perfect for you are:

Artist
Historian
Banker
Novelist
University Professor
Photographer
Vet
Paralegal
Graphic Designer
Online Content Developer
Webmaster
Producer
Managing Director
Nutritionist
Advertising
Nursing

You like to be deeply involved in one or two special projects. You like to be behind the scenes. You are very logical and fair. You feel you should be honest with others and protect their feelings.

You trust your gut instincts. You are easily inspired and trust that inspiration. You are very innovative. You analyse things by looking at the big picture. You are concerned about how what you do affects others. You worry about your actions and the future. You tend to use a lot of metaphors and are very descriptive and colourful in your choice of language.

You are very creative, and get bored easily if you don't get to express yourself. You like to learn new things. You don't like the same old routine. You like to leave your options open.

#8 ·
You would be very happy in a career that utilised your people skills. You want a career that allows you to stimulate your senses and your mind. Some careers that would be perfect for you are:

Actor
Recruitment Consultant
Politician
Marketing
Psychologist
Religious Minister
Teacher
Social Worker
Human Resources Manager
Sales
Lawyer
Advertising

You are a great leader. You genuinely enjoy being around other people. Your relationships with others are very important to you. You love talking and meeting new people. You are very enthusiastic about work and about all that you do and have in your life. You love being the focus of attention. You enjoy a fast pace. You are very socially oriented. Therefore, you are much happier being with others than you are alone. You crave interaction with others.

You are very spontaneous and often act before you think. You are always quick to answer when you are asked a question, even if you aren't sure of the answer. It is easier for you to improvise as you go along. You enjoy thinking out loud, and are most creative when brainstorming with friends or colleagues. You enjoy being involved in many activities.

You are very easy to read, and often wear your heart on your sleeve. You are never afraid to tell people what you think. You are very empathetic and genuine. You can sometimes be seen as over-emotional or too involved by others. But that is only because you tend to get so involved in the things you do that they become personal. <p>You want to be adored, loved and appreciated. You like to please others and to make sure people are happy.

You trust what is certain. You only like new ideas if they can be practically applied to the situation. You value what is real. You use your common sense. You like to utilise the skills you have instead of learning new ones. You are very specific and detailed when writing or talking to others. You follow directions well. You like things to be laid out for you to do instead of working them out for yourself. You like decisions to be made. You don't like leaving things in limbo. You like to know what you are getting into before you commit to something.

#12 ·
The description of me sounds about right, but I'm surprised at the career suggestions. I normally get teacher or counsellor:

You would be very happy in a career that utilised your level-headedness, and allowed you to work mainly on your own. You want a career that allows you to be creative, without having to be involved with lots of people. Some careers that would be perfect for you are:

Artist
Historian
Banker
Novelist
University Professor
Photographer
Vet
Paralegal
Graphic Designer
Online Content Developer
Webmaster
Producer
Managing Director
Nutritionist
Advertising
Nursing

You like to be deeply involved in one or two special projects. You like to be behind the scenes. You are very logical and fair. You feel you should be honest with others and protect their feelings.

#13 ·
Squidge, I was surprised by my suggestions too. But it actually was the first time I took one of these kinds of tests that actually had not only careers that I would actually consider, but had done.

I took an aptitude test once while schooling and not a single profession would I have concerned. :( It was so disappointing. Here I was trying to find a career path and I was get all these crazy, not on your life careers as options.

Ceashels, now that's the best!

#14 ·
Haha, yeah Ceashels, I'm jealous. That certainly sounds like an exciting profession.

It can imagine it's very disappointing to feel like none of the list 'clicks' with you when you are at the point of trying to find a career. I'd say I enjoy working with with people a lot more than my results suggested. Out of them all, I think I like 'novelist' best. Sounds like I could sit in a café in Pairs, drinking coffee while tapping away on my laptop. Not sure it seems very realistic though. :laugh:

#15 ·
Drinking coffee in Paris sounds divine! :)

Actually it was quite disappointing. It was one of those test that focused solely on your academic ability and nothing related to your personality. Was completely unhelpful and a waste of time. I'm just too old now to take seriously any intense type of profession. I'd much rather do something happy and stress free.

For the above test, politician was one of my professional choices. LOL! Not in a million years. I couldn't imagine advertising either. I would not be comfortable in either of those careers. They both require the ability to bold face lie to peddle whatever their selling.

#17 ·
:thud: I can't imagine trying to work out someone's career just based on what they are good at academically. Your personality plays such a big part in how much you will enjoy a particular line of work. Ha - advertising was on mine and I thought the exact same thing! No way.

Well, one thing I learned from the quiz is that I am a bit bi-polar when it comes to related questions. For example, I like to learn new things, but I base my judgement on reality vs. possibility.
:laugh: Same here - some of my attitudes seem a bit contradictory. I focus more on possibilities and big picture dreams but I'm also very practical and realistic about them. I'm ruthless about checking if an idea is sustainable or practical and, if it's not, it gets ditched post-haste. Plus, I work day-to-day with students and deliver training to, at most, 25 people at a time and genuinely love it. At the same time, I do prefer to complete projects generally on my own and like working by myself. :dunce: Guess it makes things more interesting.

#16 ·
Well, one thing I learned from the quiz is that I am a bit bi-polar when it comes to related questions. For example, I like to learn new things, but I base my judgement on reality vs. possibility.

Pretty accurate, except for one part where it says I prefer to use the skills I have rather than learn new ones. I would disagree with that, as I enjoy learning new skills. Other than that, though, I wouldn't disagree with most of the career options it gave (except computer programmer or webmaster - never had an interest there). The other thing that I thought was interesting was that I responded to one question with "play now, work later" (vs the opposite), but the results said I'd rather work than play! :)

My results:

You would be very happy in a career that utilised your level-headedness, and allowed you to work mainly on your own. You want a career that allows you to stimulate your senses and your mind, without having to be involved with lots of people. Some careers that would be perfect for you are:
  • Novelist
  • Photographer
  • Vet
  • Medical Technician
  • Paralegal
  • Geologist
  • Marine Biologist
  • Graphic Designer
  • Online Content Developer
  • Webmaster
  • Computer Security
  • Producer
  • Computer Programmer
  • Technical Writer
  • Systems Analyst
  • Meteorologist
  • Artist

You trust what is certain. You only like new ideas if they can be practically applied to the situation. You value what is real. You use your common sense. You like to utilise the skills you have instead of learning new ones. You are very specific and detailed when writing or talking to others. You follow directions well. You like things to be laid out for you to do instead of working them out for yourself. You like decisions to be made. You don't like things to be left in limbo. You like to know what you are getting into before you commit to something.

#18 · (Edited)
Interesting quiz.
My results:

It stated
"You would be very happy in a career that utilised your level-headedness, and allowed you to work mainly on your own. You want a career that allows you to stimulate your senses and your mind, without having to be involved with lots of people." Some careers that would be perfect for you are:

Novelist
Photographer
Vet
Medical Technician
Paralegal
Geologist
Marine Biologist
Graphic Designer
Online Content Developer
Webmaster
Computer Security
Producer
Computer Programmer
Technical Writer
Systems Analyst
Meteorologist

If I can slow down at work I would really like to pursue my writing full time.

#19 ·
Here's mine, it is for the most part pretty accurate, although it is the first time I've ever been accused of being level-headed :laugh:

The items in bold really interested me, I am trying to become a professional photographer, and I did start college to be a graphic designer way back in the stone ages when we still had light tables and rapidograph pens.

I find the Banker absolutely hilarious!! I'm so bad at numbers I'm not allowed anywhere near the checkbook. If I can't use all my fingers and toes I'm lost. LOLOL

Artist
Historian
Banker
Novelist
University Professor
Photographer
Vet
Paralegal
Graphic Designer
Online Content Developer
Webmaster
Producer
Managing Director
Nutritionist
Advertising
Nursing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.