Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Empty the dishwasher if it's just glasses, bowls, plates, and utensils. If I am uninterrupted and moving at a fast pace. LOL

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I can straighten quit a bit in 5 monutes, I can usually do dishes, lots can be done in 5 minutes....... Sit in front of this computer and do nothing for 5 minutes and you'll have an idea just how long it really is........

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Swtich the laundry, vacuum the rugs, sweep the floors, empty and reload the dishwasher, change the sheets. Not all at once, mind you, but still...

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I can clean my bathroom sink/toilet/mirror in 5, hmm I might have to time it and see if I can do the floors/tub as well!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i can vacuum the living room or dining and den. i can sweep the kitchen or unload the dishwasher. or i can switch out the laundry and start a new load (not folded though). but not all in the same 5 minutes:toothy:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
In 5 minutes I can clear and wash all the counter tops in the kitchen and the stove top.

I could vacuum the livingroom and hallway. Another 5 minutes and all the bedrooms would be vacuumed too.

I could empty all the wastebaskets and put the trash out into the trash container.

I could wipe down the faces of all the kitchen cabinets and fridge and stove.

I think in 5 minutes I could dust everything in the living room off.

I could fold a load of laundry in 5 minutes and put it away.

I have a better idea of what I can do in 5 minutes because sometimes I do these chores during commercial time if I am watching something special on tv during the day. Sometimes I do dishes during commercials and get them done before a half hour program is finished.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I can declutter my coffee table of sales circulars, and give it a polish.

I can clean my bathroom sink or my toilet. I like to make sure each is very clean and sanitary, if I rushed this I'd been worried about germs.

I can run the spider web duster around the living room and get the ceilings and behind the bookcase and curio cabinet.

I can make the bed.

I guess that's about it, I'm a slow, methodical cleaner. Sometimes these things take me longer then 5 minutes. depends on the day.

·
19,119 Posts
In five minutes I can:

Fold a load of laundry

Wash my car's windows - outside only

Scrub down the tub

Clean the bathroom vanity

Hand dry a load of dishes

Hand wash a load of dishes

Strip and remake the bed - really!!

Wipe down kitchen cabinets

Straighten the couch slipcover

Vacuum the living room

Take out a load of garbage

Clean off my dresser top

Sometimes I feel as if I am :jug: - better to do simple things one at a time in five minutes!!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Make my bed, wipe down dressers and nightstand tops, and sweep the floor. Of course this is rolling every second. :jug: But yeah, I've done it. It was one of the methods I used to quit smoking. Stay focused on task at hand till craving passes. It worked in 2002 :)

Theresa :)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
My house is such a mess right now that 5 minutes really wouldn't make a dent in anything. But I could pick up the glasses/cups from the table and put them in the sink and rinse them out. I could pick up a stack of sales fliers and put them in the recycling. I could rinse out my coffee pot. I could make my bed. I could wipe down the mirror sink and toilet( a quick wipe) in my bathroom.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I do what we call the 3 minute drill in our house! On nights when I really need to get cleaning done, but there is a show I want to watch, I clean during commercial breaks.

I'm always surprised at how much I can actually get done during one commercial break, as opposed to sitting and watching the mind numbing commercials!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Yeah, isn't it amazing how much you can do during a commercial? Sometimes I come back after doing something and they are still on!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
bathroom toilet and surfaces, maybe the tub if its not too dirty LOL

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Clean my bathroom. That is the way I usually do it......on my way to the shower I start at the door and just clean my way in and into the shower. Then take all dirty towels on my way out. Do this a couple times a week and at least the bathroom is clean.

The rest?? wellllll....if you are counting getting the vac. out and put together and putting it away, then it would take more than 5. Could probably unload and re-load the dishwasher though....will have to time it.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Ummmm.......Quick scrub inside and outide of the toilet bowl? :toilet:

I'm slow. :turtle:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Clean the cat box
scrub the toilet
wash the sink
change over dishes
feed/water pets
sweep stairs
change garbage bag and take out trash
mix a box cake/put in oven
strip the beds
make the beds
fold laundry
vaccumn the hallway
sweep the kitchen

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
-make the bed-
-get laundry started-
-clean toilet, mirrors and sink-
-scrub the tub-
-sweep hallway and kitche floors-
-run sweeper in bedroom or living room-
-put dishes away-
-take out all trash-
-clean stove and fridge-
-clean off table-

Oh yeah? then how come I can never get all of this done in one day?Hmmmmmmmm?

Cat

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I can't do any of these all together, but individually I can:

~unload the dishwasher
~wipe down the kitchen countertops
~vacuum the den
~vacuum the hallway & the master bedroom
~wipe down the batheroom countertops & clean the toilet
~make a bed
~put a load of laundry into the washer