Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're going to paint our bedroom walls, and I don't know what I want. We have beige carpet, dark cherry furniture, and a comforter that is beige with light purple, terra cotta, and gray in the pattern. I've thought of a sandy color, but I'm not sure if I want it that neutral. Anybody have a color they love? Anybody have any pictures to post? Thanks for any ideas! :rollsmile

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Our walls, unfortunately, are white right now. :( We've painted and decorated the entire house but, for some reason, have left ours for last. When we do finally paint them, I'm looking at a soothing green/grey color. I also personally love warm, light yellows. Have you thought about painting three of yopur walls the sandy color and one wall a more dramatic color, like something to match the terra cotta or light purple?

--Michelle

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
ours are white on top, an ugly floral wallpaper border in the middle, then this obnoxious green color. we haven't painted from when we moved in. I'm thinking light blue.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do like a sage green, we just painted the upstairs bathroom that and it looks good. And, I hadn't thought of painting three walls neutral and one wall another (maybe terra cotta?). Thanks. Keep the ideas coming!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I still havent changed my home colour since moving here 6.5 yrs ago :laugh:
However my bedroom was built for me so I chose YELLOW for my bedroom colour. I have a window that faces east so when the sun rises it lights up the room so much. Im in the basement :( every lil bit of light helps. Plus we have floodlights in the ceiling which I choose not to use - I use lamps which soften the yellow. The shade of yellow changes depending on the source of light. Usually home in the evenings after work so lamps are it and give the best soft warm yellow welcoming glow to the room

I've enclosed a pic.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Our bedroom (the one we built :clap: ....it's almost done) is painted lady lavender (just a couple shades darker than a nursery puple) and the trim is done in an enamel gloss white. The purple is dark enough that you always know it's puple no matter what the light....but in natural light it's very pale and at night with flourescent it's very definately a light puple shade. Sorry, I don't have pictures.....we're not that technologically advanced at my house, still using a very old 35mm and a (LOL) 110 camera.

·
Registered
419 Posts
when we moved in almost 4 years ago, we painted the walls a soft peach color. I was never happy with that color. When we remodeled, we repainted the bedroom a eggshell color. The reason for the boring color, is the room is small, and on the north side of the house. The furniture is a 1950's antique white with gold trim french provincial, no pics like others here I still use a 35mm camera or those disposables.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
My bedroom had that terrible dark brown paneling. We filled the the top half the spakling (sp?) and painted off-white, the bottom is painted soft yellow. I put up a chair rail (well hubby did) we then put a border with yellow and blue.
My carpet is sort a country blue. I had got the Waverly border on clearance, and them found the Waverly comforter set to match it on clearance for 50% off. I couldn't believe my good luck to find the exact comforter as the border. I've had this now for probably 5 or 6 years and I'm still not tired of it--though my comforter could use replacing.

Dixie Jean

·
Registered
76 Posts
My bedroom walls are white...but it's the only white room in the house! I *think* I am going to end up painting it a grey'ish midnight blue....with a yellow (or maybe turquoise) wall. :laugh: The inspiration is a Pablo Picasso print "Rest".

http://www.allposters.com/gallery.a...&GCID=s15100x001&KEYWORD=Pablo+Picasso+prints

It's very hard for me to decide as DS already has a blue room with white trim and green and red accents, very "cottage", DD's room has just been redone for her birthday in an Asian inspired theme and is a yellow-tan called "lion's mane" with red,white and gold accents. My bathroom is a light green called tarragon, but I guess I could change that when I get around to finishing my bedroom. Ideally though, I'd like to wait until DS is out of our bed, then make it more romantic hahaha.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
White. Ahh, the joys of apartment living. :toothy: I have always envisioned my "perfect" bedroom having dark red walls with black and white accents though.

·
Registered
460 Posts
My bedroom is a light blue. I really don't like it much, but I chose all the colors for the rest of the house so I let DH pick for the bedroom. Our bedroom is huge, 26X20 and there is no way I am repainting it. So it will hae to stay blue. lol

Our living room is a really nice honey color and I just love it. I painted all the trim a buttercream yellow. THe kitchen and dining is a avocado green with buttercream trim and cabinets. All the hallways are the buttercream color so it kind of ties the rooms together. I had a lot of fun picking out the colors for our house.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Ours is covered with that yucky old wood paneling, I hate it and have asked DH if we could paint over it and he said he likes it, makes the room look and feel so gloomy and dark all the time :(

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I have white walls everywhere, we aren't allowed to paint our apartment :(. It's so hard for me to make decisions involving color, probably a good idea I don't have a choice yet.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Our bedroom is painted a light golden yellow color with white trim and crown molding. It's pretty. We have cherry wood furniture. Our comforter is burgundy and off white for the Fall/Winter. For Spring/Summer our quilt is off white, light yellow, light blue, light green and burgundy.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Our bedroom has one brick wall, two white walls (the sides) and one dark red accent wall (behind the bed). We have a red/white toile headboard that we did ourselves and a red/white duvet cover from IKEA. We both love our room. :)

·
27,948 Posts
Mine is old floral wallpaper on all 4 sides. I'd love to paint it a burgundy but not sure what's under this wallpaper. Don't want to open a can of worms iykwim.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the replies! Still not sure what to do. Right now I'm trying to cope with the living room being torn apart with ceiling repair.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have one "accent wall" painted burgundy, with the other three and ceiling dark dark dark purple (almost black). Black trim all around. No, I'm not a goth, although I was in my younger days, but I have problems sleeping if there is ANY light at all, and painting the walls dark with a flat finish paint keeps any light that happens to filter in under the doors or from any other source to a bare minimum.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts