Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so far 2 white BOYDS bears they needed washing and are in the washer now.... so I am very happy I have always wanted one. (hubby is demolishing 3 houses now)

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Several boxes of toys.
Baby changing table, which I'll fix up for my sister.
Baby formula.

My wife picked up the changing table from a family living in our neighborhood, that she found on Craigslist. The husband is a professional Santa Claus, and lived up to the image. He offered to drop off every baby or child item he could find while cleaning out his garage and basement. What we don't have a need for, we will give to either my wife's sister, or my own sister, since both are in the process of having children.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I don't know if you actually call it free, but hubby and I each got a check in the mail yesterday for $18.04. Some class action settlement with the credit card company.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
sample of shampoo in mail

dont know if it counts but with sale coupon and GCs i earned buying at CVS i got my 20 yo a nice guess purse for free for christmas.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
I went with a friend to help another friend prepare for moving. I came home with a really good sifter, a mandolin (you know, slicer thingie) that sits on top of a container that holds whatever you slice/grate/etc., and several glasses that look like scotch glasses (small old fashioned), and wine glasses. Oh! And an afghan.

Good news as we needed a decent sifter for the clumpier GF flours, and I was poised to head to Dollarama for more glasses. DH breaks them with amazing rapidity around here. :shake:

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
A friend came by and dropped off a bunch of linens to embroider, some old flour sacking to sew into tea towels, and some nice crocheted lace valances and finished hand stitched linens. Beautiful work!

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Penney's $10 off $10 coupon
free popcorn from the bank

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
ok now I know its Free but
I've gotten 50+ cookbooks from our Salvatin Army for .10 for PB and .20 for HC incl.
-bobby flay-Boy meets Grill
-a rocco Dispirito
-a rachael Ray
most are like new. (after a little vinegar clean)lol.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
a JCP 15 off 15 coupon :)
45$ in rewards dollars from staples for turning in old cartridges ( they had a special going a few times once gave me 10 each for up to 3 of generic ink ).
i already have 30 something from october . not sure what i plan to do with them .

a free heavy duty gift bag from service area at a mall

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
I also return 2 bags of dog food to costco and they have a rebate on the Kitchenaide mixer of $40. So I got it 1/2 free at $155. plus tax for a 5.5. And I can return the open one apparently for a full refund of $35.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I got a tube of toothpaste which will go to my church where a mission team will be taking it to the Dominican Republic in Jan. I had a coupon for $2 off and toothpaste was $1 so i actually got paid $1 to take it! :)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
walked the mall with a friend while our teen girls holiday shopped
sears was doing demos on those fancy individual coffee makers - my friend got a free reg size donut shoppe coffee - i dont like coffe or tea so i passed :)

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
does this count spent $50 a k mart and got $5 dollar gift card 2x so I got 2 cards equally 10 dollars and a gift from my friend santa on a john deer tractor ornament and if I did not mention an ornament from the Biltmore estate. does that count....

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
DD and I each got a sampler lotion from Bath & Body works.
cider + candy canes at the Christmas tree farm

1 - 20 of 59 Posts