Frugal Village Forums banner

801 - 809 of 809 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I turned in my swagbucks a month ago and used them at Amazon to buy a paper log briquette maker. We shred any papers with any personal information on them and started saving the shredded paper. We made our first paper bricks yesterday. They measure 3" x 3" x 8 3/4". For paper they are heavy and solid! I think it will take at least 2-3 more days for them to dry out enough for us to try burning them.

Cell Phone 654.jpg Cell Phone 656.jpg

·
Registered
476 Posts
Transferring shelf stable recipes onto cards into second recipe box. Finding more recipes and keeping on trying them (about once a week). Picked and shucked 2 pounds of peas this morning - one in freezer. Nice amount of kale is ready, been picking twice already. Have 3.5 days of grab and go food - with menu - set up in one tote. Am shooting for a weeks worth for my family, need finish this during weekend. My "teenager" chicks are doing well, despite the heat.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yesterday I bought 4-100 count boxes of Bunn coffee filters, 2 45 ct boxes of trash bags, 2 50 ct boxes of envelopes & 2 boxes of gallon sized freezer Ziplock bags. Very good deals on all of it.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I put up pickled okra today. This summer I have put squash, zucchini, beets, beet greens, pickles, zucchini relish, and zucchini marmalade up from my garden. I have chickens so I always have eggs in the refrigerator.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Taking stock of what's in the stockpile since we've having to move everything from one home to another. Looking for the gaps of stuff to replace and finding a few. Using the oldest of the stuff I've found so far.
Stuff to be replace include
first aid of all kind
tuna
rice
black beans
shake & bake
meat
coffee/reg/decaf
creamer
splenda
TP
shampoo/conditioner
soap
toothpaste/toothbrushes
aluminum foil
plastic wraps
ziplocs
just what I've found so far...sure there's more

·
Registered
651 Posts
I bought an oil lamp , more canned veggies at .59 a can ,tp,cereal,pasta,bottled water

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Super Moderator
19,577 Posts
Niko, if you're interested, there are lots of recipes for homemade Shake N Bake. Stuff like that is easy to throw together and you probably already have all the ingredients. Cheaper, and you can control the salt in it too. :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Went on an out of town shopping trip & bought asprin, epsom salts, extra unders & socks, and a bunch of other stuff.

·
Registered
651 Posts
My freezers are full so now I'm working on canned goods , tp hba things or the first aid kits and lamp oil .I feel as if I am getting some where here lol

801 - 809 of 809 Posts