Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New month already. What did you get for free?
Daughter from TN came in for Thanksgiving and took me to lunch

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
$55 of free stuff ( Christmas and Birthday presents for Hubby and Little Miss) from Kohl's.
then I spent some money on needed Long Underwear for Buddy ( 50% off today) and got Free shipping.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I got a free pair of little stud earrings through the mail, trial sized bottles of Dove shampoo and conditioner, a travel sized bottle of contact solution, a full sized deodorant for hubby, and a box of Swedish fish candy. Tomorrow, if the freezing rain overnight doesn't muck up the roads too badly or knock out the power, the 4 of us will enjoy free tickets to the kids' movie 'Big Hero 6'. DS8's orthodontist rents out the local movie theater for a morning and clients of the practice get free tickets to their choice of offered films. It's great, with free juice boxes for the kids, coffee for the adults, and donut holes for all- more freebies!

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Free hand held Foodsaver vacuum sealer with lots of bags plus free shipping from a Black Friday deal.

Free $40.00 in Walmart or Samsclub egift cards from a Energizer battery promotion.

$25.00 refund from another promotion.

$120 in mail in rebates from Radio Shack.

Free Planters nut coupon.

$100 from my Dad.

2-Yankee Candles (large..buy 2-get 2-free plus free shipping during Black Friday online deals.

·
Registered
886 Posts
i got a coffee pod machine - i save up all my supermarket vouchers all year to the total of 55 which covered the cost of the machine :) Also got £10 of free coffee pods to go with it.

next week DH is getting 250 from someone he (and i used to) work with who recommended the job to him so for her doing that she gets 500 which she said she will split with him, which is very kind :)

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
$20 dollar shopping spree at the Girl Scout shop.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
And another one!! He had ordered them, put them in storage (snowbird like us) and didn't notice they were the wrong size until it was too late to return them.
Sometimes other people's 'oops' turn into a great bonus for us (teehee). Awesome you have the type of friend who will 'gift' them to someone they know that can use them.

My free center best finds this weekend:-
-4 bagels, a box of Chex cereal, 2 sleeves of Saltines, 2 lbs. of brown rice and a can of pears....we're not allowed to put out food but people do drop it off. It's 'take or toss' for the volunteers when that happens.
-some beautiful homemade 'space' pattern curtains. I thought it was a sheet set as I didn't have time to really examine them, but they're curtains. The colors look great in my son's room and he's really, really into the space unit they're doing in school right now. I wasn't looking for curtains for him but it's a great free and unexpected update for his room.
-new in package, sealed, Yankee Candle holiday tea light gift set. I will save for a gift for a retired friend who loves candles if I see her soon. If for some reason that doesn't work out, I will hold onto it and donate it for the school's holiday bazaar where the kids shop for gifts and the PTA gets the proceeds next year. I love Yankee Candle but don't really use tea lights. The set still has a $25 price tag on the bottom.

The best 'freebie' was something else entirely. Someone dropped off a Christmas card thanking the volunteers for their time and efforts and explaining that the Free Center has made all the difference in what has a been a terribly trying year for that household. It was so heartfelt and sweet and it really made our day to know we're making helping to make a difference for some folks in town. That person taking the time to express their gratitude for our local resource, and the people who keep it running, was better than any item I might have stumbled upon!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
A free lunch fish,hushpuppies,coldslaw and pinto beans
A grapefruit,3 oranges,2 apples 1pear
granole bar and moonpie box chocklate pudding mix chicken salad with crackers blueberry muffin mix and a plastic box that fits just where I have been looking for something to use there to store things.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
8 Posts
Groceries! Lots of groceries! I was told to go to food pantries a while ago, but didn't really think I needed to until I kept realizing how we only had a couple of cans of food and one pack of meat in the freezer with only $10 or less to my name. I finally gave in and went to some food pantries this month. I am so happy that I did! One church gave out 'Christmas Baskets' complete with a 9 pound ham!

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
New month already. What did you get for free?
Daughter from TN came in for Thanksgiving and took me to lunch
A bag of potato chips

Reactions: piney

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
A chicken sandwich small order fries and a med dr pepper.

·
Registered
870 Posts
The last two years of Mother Earth magazine from our library.

Reactions: JackieBzah

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
A bag with several different kind of candy 2 apples bag peanuts.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I won a winter-themed coffee mug as a party game. I gave it to my daughter as I thought she'd get more use out of it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts