1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I got:
--1 tube of toothpaste (coupon)
--1 gallon of milk (coupon)
--1 box of cereal (coupon stacked on sale)
-- and 2 limes-- those were sitting on the sidewalk of the parking lot of the grocery store. They had apparently fallen out of someone's bags... I don't know what use I'll have for them, but hey, if life gives you limes... you take them! ;)

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Got $32. worth of used books from ebay using ebay bucks certificate
Got 2 free bouquets of mixed flowers for shopping at the St vincent DePaul store
Got a $24. credit back on the CC and just took it off the balance.
Got DH 8 tops at the 1/2 off clothing sale at S.A. so I guess 4 were free.

·
Registered
415 Posts
DD brought home 6 boxes of mini donuts from work. I gave 2 away and will freeze some, too. Also got about 2000 coffee filters. They're a little big for my coffeepot, but great for herb sachets for stock and for draining fried foods.

Jen

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm super-excited to report that I got some Comfrey plants (roots, really) on freecycle this evening!!! I offered a leaf to each of my rabbits and they weren't interested, but I'll try again some other time when they're not stuffed with after-dinner treats-- and even if the rabbits turn out to not like it fresh, there are reports that they may like it better dried...

... and even if the rabbits don't like it, the chickens may
... and even if the chickens don't, it still has a billion awesome uses in the garden

I'm going to plant it around the base of my beehive... there's mixed reports as to whether the honeybees can harvest the flowers without a bumblebee breaking the base open first, but it's worth a shot and if it grows tall, it will give them some shade in the summer!

Happy, happy, happy-- and no I've never watched Duck Dynasty, just feeling happy!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
3 dinners out
1 lunch out
a few beers
10# bag of rice
some fruit and veggies at work

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
A large soft drink at Chick-Fil-A with my Calendar Card that was a gift at Christmas.

I got some dental floss, toothpaste, and a new toothbrush at periodontist the other day. But of course I had to pay for the appointment, so I don't know if those things qualify or not.:dazed:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found a little shovel next to the vacuum cleaner at the gas station. I don't really need it, but the kids love it and think I went out of my way to get for them special.... ;D

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
lunch with my aunt
travel size BB body cream
travel size pantene shampoo
travel size pantene conditioner

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
two plants for the garden-- one white bleeding heart, and one I don't remember the name, but it will be about 4 inches tall with purple flowers... it's not creeping phlox, but something similar.

Those are both from the "free" table at the community garden, where they were having an event today. I've got phlox (the tall kind) spreading out in my cutting garden, so I'll probably divide some of that out and drop in off there sometime soon-- that's how it works, if you want something you take it, if you have extra, you leave some.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
A three-pack of paint roller covers and four outdated but still viable (I'm sure) packets of seed from Ace Hardware.

Two little bags of jelly beans from the grocery store.

$5 off at Subway thanks to a gift card from Husby's supervisor.

Not free, but still great deals: Eleven packages of turkey bacon for .99 each to make dog treats, three small packages of pastrami to use in making a couple fatties for .25 each, two packages of Canadian bacon for .99 each, and about eight 8 ounce packages of pre-cubed ham for .99 each. I've sort of missed going to the grocery store all winter.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
lunch with my aunt
travel size BB body cream
travel size pantene shampoo
travel size pantene conditioner
eye shadow
sample gummie vitamins

really, really slow this month or I'm just not paying attention

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
A large sturdy wicker basket with lid in GREAT condition which measures 18 inches tall and 22 inches wide.
A metal stock pot with no rust , I plan to put it on the porch with potted fowers in it.
A plastic lawn chair with a tall back which I plan to put on the side of the house with a potted flower in it.
A small wicker basket a foot wide and 8 inches tall.
A baby crib railing which I plan to prop against the living room wall and hang magazines on the rails.
A box springs from a baby bed set which I plan to hang from the ceiling and attach stuff to.
A wooden bird house which is made of SUPER thick wood. I plan to paint and use on porch.
A small wood shelf about a foot long and a foot tall.

Reactions: Zhoen

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
A couple things I forgot:
A long cushion for a lawn chair...I plan to recover it AND use it!
A tricycle..I plan to paint it and attach a planter to the seat.
God is throwing all kinds of good stuff in my path.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Lunch today at work. That's a good thing too because I forgot to pack my lunch.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sis gave me some gladiola bulbs, globe thistle, and a rather large grape vine. Gotta work them all in somewhere...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts