Frugal Village Forums banner

What did you get for free in January 2011?

12K views 150 replies 41 participants last post by  pollypurebred39 
#1 ·
Hope it's a fruitful month for all!

#2 ·
My daughter just treated me to a coffee at Dazbogs! Happy New Year to me!

#3 ·
rent and food
i'm poor. i dont have an income

#6 ·
*HM ham loaf from DH friend

#7 ·
1) While waiting in the airport for our flight home this morning, someone boarding the flight ahead of us left the entire paper he had been reading, and I picked it up to read it. I found that all four sets of coupons were still in the paper, so I got the newspaper and my first group of coupons for 2011 completely FREE.

2) Since my husband flies so much for work, I have a companion pass so that I fly free with him. We flew today, so my flight was free.

3) I got a free soda on the flight this morning.

#8 ·
4) Oh, yeah...what was I thinking? DH flew on air miles today, so his flight was free, too.

5) We stayed in the Holiday Inn Express on points, so our room was free.

6) We both had a free breakfast at the hotel.

7) After getting back to TN, we went through Burger King and got two of the BOGO free chicken sandwiches for our lunch (DH, DS, and myself), so we had a total of four, two being free.

#10 ·
It's not for keepsies but our landlord needed somewhere to store her 42" TV!!!!

So, yep, we offered to store it in our living room on the TV stand, haha. She bought herself a new one = a fancy huge flatscreen. This is a tube type, but it's lot nicer than our 19" we were using, although the hugeness of it sort of overwhelms my little living room!

This was a SCORE.

#11 ·
Yesterday I got Free breathe right strips from walgreens. I went in to get some of their weekly deals and the catalina printed out a coupon for a free breathe right strips up to a $7.99 value.... So I went right back into the store and got them. 10 strips of menthalated strips...will come in handy during the cold and flu season! I printed free coupons off the internet yesterday. Hmmmm that's it for now...Hopefully will get some freebies in the mail today!

#12 ·
Hey, Hotprincess, I just got that Catalina at WG yesterday too! I didn't notice it until I got home so I will use it the next time I go in.

While at WG yesterday, they paid me $0.26 for some dishwasher detergent (combined a sale + Register Rewards + coupon).

At CVS, I got a free container of regular dish soap. It was on sale for $0.88 and I had a $1 coupon that they adjusted down. I also used some ECB to get three packs of gum for dh for free.

#15 ·
This year I am keeping track of everything I get for free!!

Roundtrip airfare between here and Kauai - mahalo DMIL!!

While I don't expect things to rise to the height of free air fare, I'm ready to be more aware of what's coming into my life!!

I found a nickel in the WalMart parking lot yesterday!!

#33 ·
I found a nickel in the WalMart parking lot yesterday!!
I only find pennies...........but I do pick them up.

I got a free bag of Lay's chips............that I will probably give away since I am not crazy about them...........it was the tomato and basil one and they are NO DIFFERENT than bar-b-q..........which I am not really crazy about either!

#16 ·
* Time magazine for January

* great amount of sandwich meat & cheese from New Yrs Eve leftovers from MIL's house.

#62 ·
Thurs 1/13

Publix:

5 boxes Jolly Time popcorn (free w/ coupon)

5 J&J mini first aid kits (free + w/coupon)

1 box J&J gauze pads (free w/coupon)

1 24ct box Excedrin ES (coupon for free bottle)

1 bonus 8 ct box of Excedrin PM (taped to above box)

4 12oz bottles of Maalox (free + w/coupons)

2 travel size dayquil (free + w/coupon)

2 travel size nyquil (free + w/coupon)

2 boxes ronzoni pasta (free w/coupon)

2 boxes swiss miss hot cocoa (free w/coupon)

#17 ·
Apparently I got some cheesecake free 2 weeks ago, in a sense. I brought it to chip in for a lunch and someone from the lunch insisted they pay me a bit towards it. I refused back then, they pushed the issue again today (our first day back after winter break) so i accepted. *SHRUG!!* It wasn't a big deal, I told them that!

So I'm officially starting my BEF with the $10.

#19 ·
4 Greek yogurts with coupon
1 box speciak K cereal -coupon deal
1 DVD rental
5 boxes of valentines for grands
Several coupon inserts from DS
coupon for free box excedrin

#20 ·
$2.00 Coupon for Advil
Grapefruits and tangerines my girlfriend ordered from FL.

#21 ·
I got a $25 gift card from Macy's for using my debit card over the holidays!!

#22 ·
6 free magazines from the library give away pile. Womans Day and 6 Reminise which I just love!

#23 ·
January's Goodies
frozen meatloaf
ham bone (with about 1lb of ham still on it)
20 oz Coke

#25 ·
free tube of Bath and Body Works cream shower gel (I took back 2 bottles I received for a Christmas gift to exchange for a different scent and they were having a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale. Apparently, they rerang the stuff up and I qualified for a free item. I said, "uh...ok" and got my free stuff!)

another free tube of Bath and Body Works stuff for redeeming a coupon I got for Christmas (Buy any item get a tube of stuff free.)

30 pounds of russet potatoes from my Dad (they threw out over 400 pounds where he works...sickening)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.