Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You totally beat me to starting the thread this month, you wascally wabbit!!!

But I get the first freebie post. Hah! ;D Today I got a free blender off Freecycle. I had one break a few months ago, so I took the one off the bar that we never use (the bar AND the blender never get used...) and even though that one was a fairly expensive one, I managed to break it too... but someone got a "ninja blender" (WTH????) for Christmas and gave their old, normal blender to me. Yay!

The other one broke right after Black Friday, and I just couldn't bring myself to pay $29 for a blender I *know* was $15 only a month before... so now I have a nice, new blender... jammed into the hall closet with all the other stuff I just purged from the kitchen because... say it with me... the contractors are coming tomorrow to demolish my kitchen YAY!!!! (Now, if only THAT were free...)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Woohoo!!
with my ECB at CVS I picked up a package of 40count tampons and 28 pads (CVS brand BOGO 1/2 off). FREE!

Edited to include: I typically use homemade pads but I like these for travel (which I will be doing this weekend) Just in case that weight gain was from my period gain.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Free greenies for the dog.

Reactions: oheoh's momma

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Another free bottle of wine from my nail girl.
what do I look like? an alcoholic? sheesh! just kidding. I appreciate it. :)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Free samples of airborne & $1.50 coupon!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
uhh, YEAH!! Heck yes that counts! I'm jealous! My "full dental" cost me $35 mo in premiums AND I'm out hundreds/thousands whenever the kids need work... I just noticed a small spot on DD9's tooth this morning and am hoping it's not what I think it is... (next appt is in March, we'll know then... until then, LOTS of flouride...

You win, best freebie ever!

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
Free product coupon plus $1.70 in other coupons, for complaining about Gold Medal White WW flour. Had big brown things (bran?) in it. Looked browner than reg. WW flour.

Almost 1/2 gal milk from neighbors who are going away for a week.

·
Registered
870 Posts
~ The newspapers for the last 2 weeks from friends who were on vacation.
~ Coupons from the family members who save them for me so I don't have to buy extra papers.
~ DS is at Home Depot this a.m. with DH making a free birdhouse at their kids workshop!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I forgot to add to the list last month but our neighbors gave us

10# BS chicken breasts
10# thighs

this was AFTER dh complained to her about her barking dogs LOL

·
Registered
92 Posts
Full size bag of Hill' s Science Diet Ideal Balance Fruity Snacks. The dog doesn't seem to care for them at all. They look yummy though.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I received a free Fireball Whisky shot glass in the mail today.
I received notification yesterday that I won a festive holiday gift set from Oneida. We will see what the mail brings in a couple of days.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Hmmm... I would say I got 2 free 16-pack cubes of Charmin, and a pack of M&Ms (using ECBs)... but depending on how you look at it, it could just be one pack of the TP that was "free"...

Bought:
-3 16 packs of Charmin, reg price $15.77
-1 pack M&Ms, Reg price .99
Paid $15.3 (received $10 ECB for future purchase as well)

But since the Charmin was on sale for $10/pack... you could argue that I only got 1.5 packs for "free" and paid the sale price for the other 1.5.

Hubs was just complaining there was no TP in the downstairs bathroom this morning... now there are 48 double rolls ... careful what you wish for! :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ds needed a haircut. I was going to take him today but decided to give him a freeeeeeee one at home with the clippers! He loves it!

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
I got a whole bunch of free stuff and I wish it could be otherwise - BG - a friend down here where we stay for the winter is having to leave early to go home for medical treatments unexpectedly. She is giving me what she does not want to carry back. I would give it all up to have her back to being healthy.
PS - can you please include her in your prayers, her name is Karen and she needs a healing from cancer. Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Tons of free food in one day!

Today has been a day of free food at work. First a program down the hall ordered WAY too much breakfast so I got:

an apple danish
a cream cheese danish
a large cup of orange juice

then a lunch meeting had an extra boxed lunch so I got

a ham and cheese sandwich (with lettuce and tomatoes)
an apple
two cookies
a bag of chips
a bottle of water

:) Yay!

ed. to add: program that had too much for breakfast had way too much for lunch as well, got a free whole pizza, bag of chips, bottle of water and a canned coke! Now I don't have to fix dinner either!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yesterday used a free mcr sparkling 12 pack coupon for a free 12pk of cokes and by purchasing 6 lean cuisines I got a free 6ct box of skinny cow icecream sandwiches...I wish I'd thought to separate my order into two, since I bought 16 lean cuisines, I could have gotten 2 boxes of icecream free. Only food freebies so far this year but I'm NOT complaining!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts