Frugal Village Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yesterday:

Grocery-- 1 quart of Breyers Rocky Road ice cream

CVS--The cashier was a manager and overrode the overages so I didn't get them... I'm sure that's in a policy somewhere, but I've never actually seen it done before. Hmph. I didn't (couldn't) complain, but it took away $6.60 in overages. Harumph.

So in the end, the freebies were:

2 more 12 packs of coke zero
2 gillette fusion shave gels
3 boxes of cheerios (regular, multigrain and peanut butter)
2 small bottles of palmolive

And I ended up paying a little less than the sale price on another item that would have been free if I'd had a different cashier...

Random note. I *DON'T* like the "CVS Cash Cards" they are giving away at the moment instead of ECBs. ECBs work like a coupon and lower the total BEFORE tax. Cash cards work like a gift card, taking off the value AFTER the tax has been added. So with our local sales tax, we get 6% more mileage from an ECB than a cash card.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Free dinner and birthday cake from my boyfriend's parents last night. We were celebrating my boyfriend's Bday.
1 ream of heavy duty computer paper (good for resumes etc)
2 boxes of paper clips (large and small)

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
a wall calendar
a pocket calendar
lg container corn
container scalloped potatoes
container brown gravy
sample propel drink mix
bag 1.75oz coffee
fireproof safe<--traded in reward points

a pretty slow month

·
19,119 Posts
I recived lox and bagel this morning for breakfast - what a wonderful treat!

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Free eggs, free yoghurt & full sized box of All Bran :thumb: Oh and a couple boxes of K Cups (24 ct)

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've been waiting until February arrived, to look back and try to find ANYTHING I got for free last month.

It seems the only things I got for free were negative things like bad weather and injury.

So: related to bad weather: I got free, good-neighbourly help to clear the snow; free good-neighbourly good cheer and jokes; forced to use the free-for-Seniors bus, since I couldn't drive in the unploughed snow . . .

. . . . This isn't getting very positive, is it? . . . .

Related to the injury, I got free moral and physical support and encouragement from MyLovelyMan. Oh - and free lessons in patience and gritting my teeth . . . Yes, they were worthwhile.

Maybe I just don't recognise the free positives when they come along.

Reactions: josantoro

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
a wall calendar
a pocket calendar
lg container corn
container scalloped potatoes
container brown gravy

sample propel drink mix
bag 1.75oz coffee
fireproof safe<--traded in reward points