Frugal Village Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hmm…my friend visited at the first of the month and brought a lot of sweet hostess gifts, including:
  • Hot pepper jelly
  • Coffee
  • Wine
  • Blank door hangers for kids crafts
  • An orange safety vest (☺?)
Then I snagged some things from coworkers cleaning out their supplies, including sight word flashcards and a sudoku board game ( my son loves sudoku and we’ve already played our and it was quite fun!)
Then at Disney this week, a cast member at a trading board gave each of my kids one free pin of their choosing, no trade required. 🥰

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Total score on the pins!!! (However, if I start having my recurring "oh no, we're at MK and I forgot my lanyard!!!" nightmare again, I'm blaming you!!! 😜

Reactions: MaggieTru

·
Registered
210 Posts
I hit the jackpot this week Thank goodness, I needed something good to happen.
Client cleaned out her garage freezer, so I scored a bunch of meat that her son and daughter in law cooked for them so they would have easy meals. 2 filet migon, 2 sirloin chops, and 2 chicken breasts. Her husband came home for lunch two days and brought me a strawberry milkshake both times, and lunch one of those days. Also, 2 pasta salad mixes, 15 lbs of mandarin oranges I may make marmalade with, and another box of misc produce. Today another one of my clients called and asked me if I wanted or needed a 42" television that they are decluttering from her husbands paint studio, which happens to be a blessing because my television is getting funky lines across the top of the screen. The week isnt over yet, but I think I am good with this blessings.

·
Registered
810 Posts
SALMON...smoked...
They were being handed out at work (Work for a Tribe for whom this is an important traditional food and sharing is another important tradition). A colleague cleaned and smoked them . I took the smoked fish meat to a friend's house along with jars and olive oil and we canned them up. We each got 1/4th and 1/4th is for our work dept to use as gifts. 1/2 the meat off 3 fish filled 32 half-pint jars!!! WOW. I didn't pack them tight, went for pretty and max sharing opportunities. One didn't seal so we HAD to eat it. Excellent.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
That's awesome! Especially the part about the one jar not sealing-- after all, you are ethically REQUIRED to test the product quality! ;D

·
Registered
163 Posts
I hit the jackpot this week Thank goodness, I needed something good to happen.
Client cleaned out her garage freezer, so I scored a bunch of meat that her son and daughter in law cooked for them so they would have easy meals. 2 filet migon, 2 sirloin chops, and 2 chicken breasts. Her husband came home for lunch two days and brought me a strawberry milkshake both times, and lunch one of those days. Also, 2 pasta salad mixes, 15 lbs of mandarin oranges I may make marmalade with, and another box of misc produce. Today another one of my clients called and asked me if I wanted or needed a 42" television that they are decluttering from her husbands paint studio, which happens to be a blessing because my television is getting funky lines across the top of the screen. The week isnt over yet, but I think I am good with this blessings.
That's an awesome freebie haul!

·
Registered
163 Posts
SALMON...smoked...
They were being handed out at work (Work for a Tribe for whom this is an important traditional food and sharing is another important tradition). A colleague cleaned and smoked them . I took the smoked fish meat to a friend's house along with jars and olive oil and we canned them up. We each got 1/4th and 1/4th is for our work dept to use as gifts. 1/2 the meat off 3 fish filled 32 half-pint jars!!! WOW. I didn't pack them tight, went for pretty and max sharing opportunities. One didn't seal so we HAD to eat it. Excellent.
Awesome!

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
I was given a handmade terracotta watering pot for the garden. Friends won it in a charity raffle, and they don't garden. I'm supposed to dig a hole and bury it near my tomatoes. Looks like it holds about a gallon.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
3 Christmas-y baskets and a mystery puzzle that turned out to be a 100-piece Rogue One picture when I put it together. Will store the baskets until the holidays, then probably let Niece25 use them to dress up some of her "gifts in a jar," will re-donate the puzzle (with a picture this time) to the free neighborhood swap in November... somebody will take it...

21 - 40 of 48 Posts