Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up this morning to a wonderful breakfast from DH! We got done eating and he brought in all of the stuff that he got me:

Bagless canister vac that I've been wanting (that was 10 times cheaper than the Dyson I've been eyeing)
Garden seeds! (Cilantro, parsley, lettuce, green onion, etc.)
Gardening tools (Hand cultivator, weed remover for the stubborn dandelions in our yard, aluminum trowel with twine cutter)
A 50' spring coil hose
Scotts Patchmaster Bare Spot Patch Mix

I also got a really nice set of grilling tools, some CFL lightbulbs and other stuff. We're heading to Home Hardware this afternoon to get the rain barrel I wanted, plus some wire border for the gardens. :D

Oh yeah! DS10 made me a paper mache glass candle holder and DS5 made me a clay flower pot. :)

So what did you get?

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
A wonderful song from my sweet bird.
A snuggle from my wonderful dog!!!

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
I don't know what I'm getting yet, but I got my mom a Pedi/Mani $35 Gift Certificate from a Nail Spa. Before she opens her card and sees the certificate, I'm going to tell her it's something we can do together. I hope she likes it. ...I know I will!

·
Registered
167 Posts
A new pair of sandles the Earth Spirit kind I had a pair I got 3 years ago But with all the weight I lost they did not fit. Than I got the gifts the kids made at school.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
A beautiful boquet of flowers, and a cool earthen concrete planter (with a sun) on it for my garden, some more garden plants, and I happen to know my mom's giving me a gift card to LOWES--for more garden stuff!

My little girls brought me some coffee and some cereal (with my dehydrated strawberries)--

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Nothing....... I did get a phone call from my oldest he's in Co and I'm in Calif. So it was nice........ I won't hear from my youngest he's in the middle of the ocean. My 2 son will be taking me out to lunch.....So thats 3 of the 6 accounted for...... Its been a nice day. I hope everybody has a very nice day today
Fern

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
My ds and dd got me a beautiful bouganvilla to plant in the yard. it is a double one with both bright pink and white petals. My dh got me a beautiful bush with pink flowers all over.

·
19,119 Posts
It has been such a delight reading all of the posts. My DH and I are going out for a lox and bagel breakfast today - my favorite!!

Hopefully, no one will bring anyting new into my home since I am desperately trying to get things going the other way!!

We had a Mother's Day luncheon last Saturday when DD was here - her godparents joined us making it extra special.

Have a lovely day all - enjoy whatever you do and whoever you're with!!

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I got to sleep in until 10am. I don't have to make dinner tonight. AND dh gave me $100 w/ explicit instructions to spend every cent on yarn/knitting stuff.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I got a phone call an wish from my oldest son who's in Anderson this weekend to see his friends graduation. He will be coming home soon for Memorial Day! I miss him. Dh & other sons took me out to lunch had a great time.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I got what I always get for Mothers' Day (since I thought to ask for it:) ) An entire 24 hour period of time without having to make one decision. That's right, I don't decide what we eat, who wears what, what we're going to do. No one is allowed to ask me any question which requires me to make a decision. It's wonderfully restful for me, and terribly stressful for them, but makes them realize just how many times in a day they ask for things.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
DS bought me a new sewing machine, DH is cooking dinner tonight and planted a birch tree in our front yard which I have been bugging him to do for ages. A nice, relaxed day with my most favorite people in the world....my family! :)

Have a great day everyone!

Reactions: pollypurebred39

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I slept in. Gabe brought home our usual Sunday bagel/muffin box from a local shop. It's my favorite treat that I look forward to each week. He and the kids gave me a digital photo frame that I've wanted for a long time, but didn't want to fork out the money to buy. We took the kids to the park to play and on the way home hit a perennial plant sale. A woman divides her perennials each year and sells them. Tons of different types of perennials only $1/each. The girls helped me pick some out and we planted them when we got home. What is neat is she has apple and pear trees, so now we have a nice new place to go picking in late August for fruit, too. Gabe made dinner. It was a nice day. :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
My DD gave me two rosebushes and another cherry tree!!DS #1 gifted me with a bath basket from Bath and Body Works. DS#2 and wife sent me a gift certificate for a meal or two out.DH gave me a jewelry set, perfume, a squirrel feeder(I have two I like to feed- Jimmy and Buffy.Yes, we name the squirrels.)and an Americana wall hanging.I was so tickled with their thoughtfulness.We also had a family lunch. It was a nice holiday.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
My two little girls gave me a new Beverly Lewis book and a gift certificate for a pedicure and manicure to a nearby nail spa (with the help of their Daddy (of course)!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hubby got me a dehydrator. DD#1 gave me a new coffee travel mug, DD#2 gave me a new large purse. So much to carry around. DS hasn't been by yet, is working but called to say they would be by later. My 4 yearold grandson made me a coffee mug with his drawing inside.
Foster kids all brought stuff they made at school.
Took it easy and did what I wanted to do.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO EVERYONE!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Happy Mother's Day!
My dd's gave me a Bear holding a Welcome sign, we placed it by the front door. My dh got me a Kitchen Aide mixer. I have wanted one forever. I used it to make bread for the week. My oldest dd will be home from work about 5:30 and we will have Spaghetti dinner.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I slept in until about 9:30. The my DD,husband and I. Went to Maxx and Ermas for a light lunch.We went to Barnes and Nobles w/ DD and her new BF. I bought too many books. Then we dropped the kids off and got a bowl of soup and split a hot fudge brownie dessert. Then we went to dollar discount and Big Lots and bought even more books. I can never have enough books. It was a rare peaceful day w/o any tension or fighting. That was the best gift. Had to cancel w/ my folks. Hope to see them this week.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
I woke up to the smell of french toast, made by dh. :)

The kids gave me gifts that they had made at school: Julia made a cookbook and a recipe card holder, Patrick made me a little picture frame with an adorable picture of him in it, and Matthew made me a magnet that was his footprints, back to back, to look like a butterfly. Loved them all!!!

I sang at church, had recorder practice, then came home. Dh and I napped and snuggled on the couch with a revolving door of the three kids who snuggled with us at differing times. :)

My parents took us out to dinner to a restaurant that was right across from Barnes and Noble and after dinner, we walked over and I used a $75 gift card that dh had given me. I now have a pile of books to read! :)

Dh did dishes, laundry, and some general clean-up. It was a really nice day!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I woke up to the smell of french toast, made by dh. :)
Lauren & Dave made french toast for me yesterday morning for my birthday, and I had breakfast in bed :thumb:

The kids bought me an Ipod dock/speaker/charger thingie, and the trip to see Seinfeld last night was part birthday/part Mother's Day gift from Dave.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts