Frugal Village Forums banner

What did you get free April 2022?

5K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  sunflower1128 
#1 ·
I found $3 ($1 in a parking lot and $2 on a lottery someone threw way).
50 lbs. of wheat berries (local wanted to get rid of her personal stock of 100+ lbs.) :)

#4 ·
  • Two reusable shopping bags
  • 3 rectangular take-out style containers, family size (and I RESISTED alllll the rest of the big box of smaller ones!!!)
  • a magnet notepad for the fridge
  • a pair of cute-but-uncomfortable shoes that DD18 will probably wear once or twice then re-donate
  • a tiny metal spatula for DD14 (google "spatchy spatch meme") -- she was really happy
  • a pin for DD14's backpack
  • some post-it type bookmark flags

...and....
some new favorite earrings until the girls "borrow" and lose them... those are sterling and amethyst! (my favorite) SCORE!!!
Body jewelry Purple Natural material Eyewear Violet

but wait!!!!

Also this pair of birks! I'm not sure I've ever had a pair of "real" birkenstocks before... lots of knockoffs that Iike just fine, but look at me now! 😜 🤣
Footwear Synthetic rubber Silver Human leg Electric blue

#11 ·
A box of cereal.

#17 ·
I got a piece of trash from my mom! I'm still tickled about it. She was saving a V-8 juice container to cut off the top and use the bottom for a flower pot. As luck would have it, Husby just accidentally recycled the top I had cut off of a rectangular bottle to use for a funnel. That was to be temporary anyway, but we don't usually buy anything in round bottles with an appropriately sized neck for putting ingredients into small jars I use for DIY seasoning mixes. I was very happy to take the juice bottle's top, which makes a perfect, free funnel for my funneling needs. This now completes my "set" of round funnels in 4 sizes that work on jars and bottles from canning jars down to narrow neck bottles, and all stack together to save space. 🙂

I'm quite fond of the smaller funnel I made from the top of a ½ liter Pepsi bottle, too.

I know, simple things for simple minds. 😁😁😁

#18 ·
Free pizza with loyalty points.

#20 ·
woohoo!
Friends were clearing out their shed and even though I assured them I needed nothing, they had me tour the pile of stuff before they went to donate it. Got a giant amish made clothes drying rack, some mason jars in specific sizes I use for specific things, an antique coffee grinder (didn't "need" that but I have a coffee gadget fetish and I will try to get it in shape to use, if not, I will sell it and pass some cash back to them), a bucket of veggie seeds they bought in a "omg the world might end" moment a few years ago, and some other odds and ends that I can use or pass on to people I know will use them.
The drying rack is my favorite score. It is nearly 6' tall when set up and has space to hand 2 loads. Nice.

#21 ·
One more box of cereal, and another bottle of hand soap.

#23 ·
Fantastic finds, Maggie! We used those drying racks when I was a kid. If it's the same style, anyway. We set ours up over the 3' square floor register for the wood furnace and used that hot air to dry clothes, after they were hung outside to freeze dry first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.