Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,352 Posts
An entire pizza. They made my order wrong, put bacon on it when I didn't order it, not that I have any problem with bacon. So they brought out a 2nd pizza --the correct order-- in a to-go box for me. I stuck it in the freezer and will wrap it up tomorrow. I'm sure it can be reheated sometime.

·
Registered
10,352 Posts
Last week: lunch, two cooking magazines, a handful of peppers and a zucchini. An oil change and tire rotation.

This week: $25 grocery store gift card, bottle of bath soap, brand new electric toothbrush w/accessories.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Super Moderator
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A SECOND Garmin GPS, from my sister who got a new car with built-in navigation. The second one works better than the first.
Gave my old GPS to a friend who is like me, not very tech savvy and does not have a smart phone, which I guess is what people are using for GPS these days. She was thrilled.

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
I keep thinking of stuff. Ace Hardware cut a mirror down for free, so we can use it in the guest bathroom. Now I need to build a fold-down shelf to go below it. That bathroom is so small, and it's next to 3 bedrooms. I want to add as much storage and little handy touches as possible for when we sell. There is space for someone to stand to do hair or makeup so someone else could use the sink if needed, so a little shelf there would be handy.

·
Registered
10,352 Posts
DH brought home an untouched fruit tray and a giant party sized bag of chips from the summer office party. Today I got 2 jars of herbs free with a coupon.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
sample of l'oreal clay mask
toothbrush
travel size toothpaste
travel size dental floss
free shipping on several items
dd paid for dinner out x2

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
An office chair with no back. It's made that way. It was in a free pile at a rummage sale. It was great timing because I bought a new desk for one of my sewing machines at another sale. The old desk and its matching chair will be donated, so I wouldn't have had a chair for the new one.

Two Butterfinger bars from the grocery store.

Three sewing machine bobbins from my mom.

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
Today is not going as planned, but I'm not complaining.

As we jumped in the van to deliver the old desk to GW, one of those weird random thoughts ran through my mind: We live in bear country. Therefore, we have to bring our bird feeders in at night. This is a permanent problem. We need to quit treating it like a temporary inconvenience. Therefore, instead the haphazard mess we have now of bird feeders and seed storage that has to live in the family room, we need something more permanent. I came up with an idea I thought might work, but decided to keep an open mind and see what presented itself.

We had also planned on going to a couple of garage sales, so we did, after getting rid of the desk. At the first sale,there was a very old trunk in fairly rough shape. But of course I could see the potential, but sine those old trunks, even if they're completely wrecked, usually go for a lot of money. As I walked up, I could see a tag on the top and the number 5, so I assumed they were asking at leadt $50. Not a bad price but I wasn't interested. But then I saw the price was only $5. I still wasn't sure it was what I needed, but while I was looking it over, the seller told me if I wanted it, to just take it. I still wasn't convinced, so we went to the next sale because I had seen something there yesterday I thought would work. But it was gone, and during the drive to the second sale, I had pretty much decided I wanted the old trunk anyway. I really like old trunks, and the size is perfect for the space where it has to go. We raced back across town, hoping all the way it would still be there. It was, so now it will be living with us. I don't plan to do a full rehab on it now, just get it usable, and paint the inside to knock down some of the smell after I set it in the sun a few days.

I still can't believe I got it free. I would have been happy to pay $5 for it, but who am I to argue when someone offers me something for free 6 or 8 times before I say or word to her? She sais she just didn't want to haul to the dump later today, and the condition my sad little trunk is in, it could have happened. Can't wait to see how this project goes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.