Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
December should be good for lots of freebies!

4 single serve cereal boxes
a dozen donuts
too many calendars to count
bronchitis

·
Super Moderator
20,207 Posts
We've been collecting calendars too, from the hardware store, car dealership, lumberyard, car insurance carrier, and other businesses we patronize.

We've gotten a few single-serving packages of candy from the grocery stores. If we split one, we can work them into our food plans. :)

Sorry about the bronchitis. :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
I did get a coupon for $5.off at Aldis 2x in November which I used to collect groc. for pantry. I earned another at the pharmacy so I guess free milk and bread. Gave DD my free strawberries at Meijers and let the $10.off age out. Forgot I got $32 off at Big Lot so I guess the comforter sized blanket was free.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
FREE LEAVES from neighbors yards!! Laughing! :vs_laugh:YES, I am the neighbor who knocks on your door and asks if I can have your trash bags full of leaves. My garden loves leaves and since I have limited trees in my yard and those leaves are garden gold I scout them out.
Sorry to hear about the bronchitis:sad:

·
Banned
42 Posts
Had lots of 'free' credits for FREECASH at Sears over Oct/November with no minimum purchase. Looks like the company caught on and now wants $30-50 minimum purchase. But got tons of clearance shoes, towels, tools and camping stuff cheaply for a while.

Lots of free books using Opinion Outpost credits for Amazon digital gift certs. The buying discounted ebooks from Bookbub.com.

Lots of free gift certificates from the other survey websites.

Free food coupons for signing up for the email newsletters from some restaurant websites.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Got a free carton of vanilla ice cream w/ Marie Callendars pie purchase
They were giving out mini bouquets so i gave mine to a young girl in the store. Cats and flowers are a hassle at my house.
My insulin is free w/ ins. (well 1 is)
Keep getting free teen fashion mags in the mail.
Got $50. or so credit on the CC from points so free groc. I guess. Love my points

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
I got free tickets to see an early premiere of the new Star Wars movie, and they gave us free popcorn and free drinks with the tickets! :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Dont think I mentioned the free roast I got. Cooked it tonight. Ate to our fill and have 2/3 left so I'll make a rice stir fry soon. Used salvaged onions I would have tossed. Did a foil wrap so no dishes.
DH got a $100. GC to Best Buy. He is so gullible so I said oooh! I need a new stove. lol Mine is 28 yrs old but works perfect. I splurged on new drip pans from Big Lot!!
DH also got a work allowance of $1300. to get a new work lap top.

·
Super Moderator
2,172 Posts
LARGE bottle of mouthwash, it was donated to food shelf but we can't put it out due to alcohol content.

Pair of fingerless gloves, from friend who knows about my heat problems in the first floor of the house.

Four pair of socks from same friend.

Belated Xmas gifts, fleece lined socks (REALLY coming in handy!) and jams from neighbor.

Box of fabric from one of my quilt customers (online).

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Just traded in 2200 Swagbucks for an AMC theaters gift card.
We are big movie people, so any time I can get movie gift cards, I'm in!

Reactions: Contrary Housewife

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Cashed in SB for $25 PayPal.

My daughter gave me some frozen food they will not eat - one smoked turkey breast, 2 smoked turkey legs, 4 smoked turkey butts (Yep, that's what they are called. Never seen them before, gonna be an experiment.) and some buns. The buns ended up being freezer burnt but the chickens will enjoy them.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Got a pen and small bottle lotion from beautition i go to .

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sent dh in w/ a pharmacy coupon for $2, off and a G Mills $2. off coupon and a few for off bagels,bread for about $7. total. and Vernors and Coke were .88 so we got 8 and they were free plus.05 kicked in. We save the pop for special so 2 opened tonight and maybe 2 for his bday and 2 for mine in Feb.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts