Frugal Village Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
plate of dinner from my landlords who are having their big holiday family dinner next door. Very nice people.

Holiday gift haul - very nice pair of stud earrings, jar of jam, home-made cookies. Plus donation to the food shelf where I volunteer.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I may have done posted this(sorry if i have )i got $10 Koohl's coupon and $32.16 from my electric company it part of capital credit from year 2002.

·
Registered
10,579 Posts
today: 1 box of cereal (25oz), 1 long sleeved knit shirt

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I'm jealous!!! All our electric company ever gives us is a bigger and bigger and bigger bill!!! 😜

BUT... I did get a free pound of butter and a free package of instant hot cocoa (10 envelopes) from the grocery store...

And right now I have rice cooking in my new-to-me SIX cup rice cooker from our neighborhood buy-nothing group... the 3-cup cooker just wasn't keeping up with the family any more... it also has a steamer basket that you can stick on top... so I have some learning to do now!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Zh: good stuff! Except the bills

I ran to town to get a package and charge up some technology...solar without sun and with super cold temps isn't doing great. Anyway, package was Christmas gifts of chocolate and sox and a big candle. Things I like and use.

I stopped at the library and picked up books on hold as well as a few things from the free bin. Mostly old magazines I will read and return. There was also a nice 500 piece puzzle! Hope all the pieces are in it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
One last entry, then on to the new year (where, as yet, I have gotten nothing for free... but it has only been 13 hours, so no surprises there...)

So a couple of days ago, Kohl's sent me a "reminder" about $10 Kohl's cash that I had never heard about in the first place... and after researching online and then going into the store, I settled on:
  • A 2-pack of Christmas-y dish towels that I will send/take to MIL right around Thanksgiving (she wanted dish towels for Christmas 2021, so we gave her plain ones and are planning to send her random seasonal ones throughout the year...)
  • A Bert's bees pack that included a chapstick and a face mask (in a Christmas-y overbox) I'm planning to take those out of the packaging and save them for Easter baskets.

Ok. That's it for the old year, on to the new!!!:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
A 31 lb turkey! Seriously, I had never seen a turkey that large before.
Hand Arm Comfort Leg Human body

The grocery store where I work let the employees pick out a turkey (or two) from the post-holiday overstock before the rest were donated to one of the local food banks. The meat department manager said "you've got a big family, have this one!" and handed me the box with the turkey inside. I didn't realize until later just how big it was!

I roasted the turkey on Dec. 27th and we've since eaten most of the turkey (there is still stock left and the rest of the cooked meat went into the freezer on Monday). The meat manager later told me to pick out another turkey... this one was much more reasonably sized (16 lb) and went straight to the freezer.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts