Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new month, new thread.

I got a watercolor that was painted by my late landlord's late wife. It went really well on the last blank wall in my bedroom, where I have some other watercolors. I call it "Peaceful Valley". I love having original art, especially when there is a connection to the artist.

Also dinner last night.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Huge garlic knot the kid brought home today.
Free 2 liter Pepsi

·
Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wonderful Middle Eastern lunch cooked by a lovely lady I volunteer with.

More books from the book shed.

·
Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really pretty round, apple green teapot at the "re-usables" shed at recycling. Cleaned up nicely.

·
Registered
666 Posts
A two days old rye loaf and half a wheat loaf from work. The best things from working every second Saturday are that I really like the coworker I work with on Saturdays and free sourdough bread.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
2/20 A new TV when i turned my tv off last night it was working got up this morning it wouldn't come on don't know if lighting hit it or it just ready to quit had it plugged in to surge charger.Youngest dd came by and i mention it wasn't working she went on home and she called back and said she bring me one this afternoon i thought they had extra one but she went and bought me a new one i wrote her out a check but she wouldn't take it.

·
Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got a Swiffer handle free at recycling!! I had gotten a box of the wet Swiffers, can't remember where but it was free also. Now I can clean my kitchen floor!!. Also another gold Melitta cone filter, and a new spatula.

·
Super Moderator
20,064 Posts
I guess we'll be getting four cases (48 one pound tubs) of cottage cheese for free today. One of our local stores has 36 outdated cases to get rid of, and they know I buy large lots of cheap food to use in making dog food. The deal was supposed to be a really cheap price, but I got a call just now that it'll be free. They just want to get rid of it and not have to pay to trash it. So it's a big win for us and saves them money, too.

I already bought a couple cases at .48/tub, so we're going to save quite a bit over the next year or two. Normally I buy shredded cheese in two pound bags on sale for about $5 for their food, and use a bag per batch of dog food. This will be a savings of about $60 over the next year. It all adds up! I will probably put in twice as much cottage cheese as regular cheese at this price and still save a lot.

Guess I better go tidy up the freezer.

·
Super Moderator
20,064 Posts
I'm way excited! I got a new laptop a while back and needed to get Word installed on it, but could not get our old 2007 software to install. Husby worked on it for hours over the weekend and couldn't get it to work. We had concluded we would have to spend $150 to upgrade to the new Office software. Today I decided to give it one last try. I don't know why, but it let me configure the program, finish the installation, and register the software! I used it a little bit and it seems to be working as it should. I'm hoping it's not going to decide not to work, but since it let me complete the installation and register, I don't see why it wouldn't continue to work. I'm counting this as a freebie since we bought the software years ago and used it on other computers. I'm so happy we won't have buy new software and ecstatic that I won't have to learn new software. I'm thrilled not to have to spend $150 any day of the week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts