Frugal Village Forums banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Today I hit the mother lode. Someone took me shopping and this is what I received new for FREE:

Liz Clairborne hooded long down coat
winter dress hat
dressy scarf
red leather aigner gloves
14 pairs of socks
pair of heeled aerosole shoes
pair of adidas sneakers

It was a big shock since I was not expecting all of this. All I could do was say thank you all the way home.

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Dinner tonight!

Leftovers from a work function lunch. They had beef brisket, chicken, baked beans, and potato salad from one of the top barbeque places in town. Jackpot!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well, so far this month, I got a free check register given to me by my sister. Now that I rarely write checks, and pay our bills online, I'm going through check registers faster than my checks! :-\

I'll add to this as the month goes on. I am SO BLESSED to read this thread every month. It inspires me to do better!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Dinner tonight!

Leftovers from a work function lunch. They had beef brisket, chicken, baked beans, and potato salad from one of the top barbeque places in town. Jackpot!
brisket- mmmmmmmm......I haven't had that in a couple of years. I also get tons of free food from work - staff lunches and leftovers, etc. At least a couple of meals a month.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Oh - I forgot - candycanes leftover from a party I had - someone brought them; a loaf of French bread from doing a phone survey for Jewel grocery store; and today someone gave me two rugs.

·
Registered
460 Posts
my boss brought me a lens for my camera that he didnt need anymore. He upgraded and got a new lens with his camera like it. I looked it up on ebay and used the lens is about $80!

·
Registered
525 Posts
6 cans soda
3 dinner plates for dh
3 bags chips
1 large salad
got to see new moon free
i chaparoned my Mat's field trip was supposed to pay get there and teacher says not to worry! so free holiday musical.
loads more aggravation from oldest Ds

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Yesterday I got 2 tubes of lip balm free with my meds.

Cat

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
A bag of wool that I carded this morning...worked out to four batts...135 gms. Will see what I can make...maybe a hat, mitts, scarf...depends how fine I spin it.

ETA: also a free lunch and some free snackies while out carding wool.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Free ham from FIL, he bought one for all of his kids (5) total.
Free bag of rolls from a school function.
Free eggs from chickens.
Free Burts Bee lip balm
Free sweater at Fashion Bug-bought one as a gift and got 1 free for me.
Free turkey with points from grocery store
Thursday I get free breakfast-our boss pays for a catered breakfast before Christmas.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Dec. has been a bad month for freebies but today I got a Yankee candle.

Darn, the ex still must love me. :D

·
Registered
651 Posts
free candy from different company's
free pens from bank
a free shirt from SA it had a stain on it and the lady gave it to me she said if the stain does not come out throw it out , the stain did come out so that shirt was free.
free movie from Kellogg's

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Received a tray of Christmas goodies from Auntie Betty. :)

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
I got $40 of President's Choice gift cards free because of a Glade promotion. I used them the last time I was grocery shopping. The funny thing is that the Glade products I got free thanks to their 'Try Me Free' coupons. It's free all around. Woohoo!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received 3 $10 off of $10 cards for Old Navy. I got a zip up jacket, pj pants and top, a work top and slipper socks for about $2.50. I also got my $10 ON CC reward that I am hanging on to until after Christmas.

·
Registered
580 Posts
QM - I would love to hear more about those Glade promos. Jlaporte - I remember all the aggravations from when my 2 were that age. No. 4 freebie for December would be a box of cookies from a client of my husbands. No. 5 was a Christmas dinner out at the Disney property. No. 6 was a free lunch from a df and No. 7 is the coupon inserts she gave me. Yep - December freebies are slow, but good.

·
Registered
525 Posts
well my lil ds loved me enouph to share his croup with me. so what a great freebie!! lol

1 lunch plate for dh
2 cans soda
2 snack bags chips
a set of gift bags from a whiskey company,goes well with the wrapping paper they gave me last yr
10.00 off coupon for sweetbay brand frozen food..i am hoping to get me some terramsu and not share!! ok ok i will but just a lil bite.

·
Registered
580 Posts
No. 8 and No. 9 freebies would be a box of cookies and a loaf of homemade cinnamon bread from a client of dh. No. 10 would be a decorated cookie jar filled with cowboy cookies dh won at Christmas party. No. 11 would be a small bag of candy dh received at same party. No. 12 was a small, cute Christmas basket dh won at, again, the same party.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
A neighbor brought over some beer for DH. :)

41 - 60 of 97 Posts