Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
starting a new month.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
671 Posts
4 $50.00 Darden gift cards. I cashed in $180.00 in Discover Card points. Three of these are for gifts to my adult kids for Valentine's day.
Found another quarter on the ground.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Small container of fruit from Golden Corral

Reactions: piney

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Office Depot had a great promotion. Spend $250.00 get a free gift. Two choices, an oversized beach bag thingy or a Cuisinart Sandwich Grill. It makes two grilled cheese sandwiches, French Toast, Omelettes kind of thing. It was time for a restocking of paper, water and toner so I went for the Cuisinart.

Publix had a good sale this week, buy 3 of "X" products (they varied) and get a free Rotisserie Chicken. The office needed TP, one of the items (I never get it from Office Depot) so got it on my way home. The office gets toilet paper for a couple months and I get a free chicken to eat next week.

Sometimes it's good to be the only Office Chick. :D

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Office Depot had a great promotion. Spend $250.00 get a free gift. Two choices, an oversized beach bag thingy or a Cuisinart Sandwich Grill. It makes two grilled cheese sandwiches, French Toast, Omelettes kind of thing. It was time for a restocking of paper, water and toner so I went for the Cuisinart.

Publix had a good sale this week, buy 3 of "X" products (they varied) and get a free Rotisserie Chicken. The office needed TP, one of the items (I never get it from Office Depot) so got it on my way home. The office gets toilet paper for a couple months and I get a free chicken to eat next week.

Sometimes it's good to be the only Office Chick. :D
I love my sandwich maker..... and it was free, also!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
2 free pretzels & free wendy's cibatta bacon burger & small fries. Free shampoo & free cleansing cloths.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
19 of those frozen Chinese food boxes that look like take-out boxes. I had a bunch of $1/1 coupons I got for free from the store a while back, and then yesterday they were on sale for $.99 or $1 each... so I used up all my coupons. We actually already had a number of the things in the freezer that I'd gotten for about $.50 on a previous sale, but hey, I'm not going to turn down "free."

·
Registered
130 Posts
I recently got 2 bags of free sweet potato fries and 2 boxes of Gorton's fish at the grocery store. The fish were on sale bogo, and there was a manufacturer coupon for the fish and also a store coupon saying that if you bought one box of fish you got one bag of fries free. On top of that, there were manufacturer coupons for $1 off each bag of fries. All in all, I think I actually got paid a few cents!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Ya know, Spirit Deer... you just plain suck! ;P That's awesome. Does that make 20 for you now?

I was feeling pretty good about the free toothpaste and free firelog I just got with coupons while I was out... but a free aerogarden sort of tops anything... ever... and I was totally geeked because the firelog was free using a $3 off your next purchase catalina that wasn't even for me... it printed out at a self-check and somebody in a hurry couldn't be bothered to even notice it, just left it hanging there in a string of like a dozen worthless ones... it was like finding cash! But... it's no aerogarden... :)

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
:D

Hey, I had to work for that AG, so maybe it's not really free after all. It took me almost an hour to create the recipe from nothing, actually make it, photograph it, upload it and enter it in the contest. So if I had to work for it, isn't it more like I earned it than got it free? Never mind that it would be by far the highest hourly wage I've ever gotten, if you want to look at it that way. And I had to buy the ingredients plus a variety of different chips and snack crackers to make sure I got the most photogenic ones, so I invested real money, too.

It's only the seventeenth AG anyway.

If it makes you feel better which I'm sure it won't, I put the arm for the hood on backwards when I was putting the damn thing together this morning, and now I can't get it apart, which means I can't plant any peppers in it yet. Which I'm sure gains me no sympathy at all.

Too bad it wasn't a 2014 Chevy Avalanche, but I admit it's pretty cool anyway. I don't enter contests often and didn't expect at all to win. I still don't really believe it, even though the proof is laying out there in pieces on the kitchen island.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts