Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Year everyone!!! Let's make it the best one yet for scoring those free items and deals!!!!

It can be BOGO's, something sent to you in the mail, free with coupons, something someone gave you or you bartered for. As long as it was free it counts.

Nothing to report. Haven't left the house :)

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yesterday the kid brought home pizza and cheesy bread. Had some of it today cause I KNOW she's not eating it.

Reactions: wunsagin

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
DH has been bringing home party crackers and candy from work. They have a strict "no food left in the break room" policy there, so at 5pm it has to be taken or tossed.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to add ... got a magazine in the mail. Cosmopolitan of all things. Have been receiving a crap ton of magazines... nice ones... and never ordered them. No bill either and this has been for almost a year. I think they're coming from Swagbucks and/or My Points. As long as they don't bill no problem. I don't do shopping thru them nor trials so don't know. They send Redbook, Allure, Better Homes and Gardens, Cosmos and a couple others. Will pass them on down to someone later

Reactions: wunsagin

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Got $30 in free gift cards using my Kellogg's points.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Spent $30 in Kohls cash and got 2 free nightgowns and of course free shipping. They were $40. each. retail. on sale for $16. w/ 15% off for a code.

All those w/ Kroger-tomorrow only Kroger cheese .99 for 1/2# which is 1/2 off. SAT.ONLY shredded and bars

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
I guess I got $10 for free, because I won $10 in scratch off lottery tickets that my father-in-law gave me for my birthday. :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Candles and a pendleton plaid wool shirt! Some friends and I are trying to individually downsize so as we sort things, we swap or donate them. One friend had gained weight and I'd lost so she handed me a really nice wool pendleton shirt. Another went through her drawers and things and found she ended up with a large box of assorted tea lights. I use these every day in the winter to combat the odd color of my LED lighting. so she gave me about a pound of tea lights. Nice.

I handed over some books I wasn't going to read again.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Forgot to add ... got a magazine in the mail. Cosmopolitan of all things. Have been receiving a crap ton of magazines... nice ones... and never ordered them. No bill either and this has been for almost a year. I think they're coming from Swagbucks and/or My Points. As long as they don't bill no problem. I don't do shopping thru them nor trials so don't know. They send Redbook, Allure, Better Homes and Gardens, Cosmos and a couple others. Will pass them on down to someone later
A couple of years ago I received an issue of Sports Illustrated and the mailing label showed it was for a year. Since I had just finished clearing up a mess of getting cookbooks every 2 months that I did not order but was being billed for I freaked not know where the magazine came from. I called and put a stop to it. THEN I found out that I had placed an online order somewhere, don't remember where and the year subscription to SI was a thank you gift from them. Of course I couldn't get it reinstated, my son-in-law would have loved it.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
fancy notepad
4 different magazines
free shipping on a book

bit of a slow start.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Got four free sticks of Country Crock margarine with a coupon today.

·
Registered
82 Posts
So far in January I got a Larabar, a 4 pack of individual sized Del Monte mandarin oranges and a bag of ready Pasta. These were from Free Friday at QFC.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts