1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New month.

1 huge box Rice Chex ( BOGO )
Lg carton Quaker oats ( BOGO )]
1 can Hormel chicken ( BOGO ) he likes chicken salad out of this. Won't try homemade. Go figure.
1 pkg BC cookie mix ( BOGO )

I'll probably be going back for more. I wouldn't pay full price for any of this. This time I'll check for coupons on top of the BOGO. In Florida you can use coupons on the free item also.

·
Super Moderator
20,099 Posts
Does it count if you didn't know you had it and can't remember where it came from? We found a vintage electric skillet when we went through the 25-year hoard up in the garage rafters and threw out most of it. I washed it up and plugged it in and it works, or at least starts to heat up, so I'm assuming it works. Not sure I'll use it but it's cute so I'll hang on to it for a while. This isn't mine but it's like mine, although I don't have the booklet.

We think this pan might have belonged to Husby's step-grandma. We inherited all her stuff, which wasn't much because she was in a nursing home when she died, but there were a few things.

We picked up a few things at the dump on Thursday or whatever day we went. I got two nice small wire tables to use for plant stands on our decks, or maybe on the dock. We got a few other things I can't recall right now, stuff like a chunk of PVC pipe to use when I build some more self-watering planters, just utilitarian stuff like that. We don't need much of anything right now so aren't picking up much. I did get a set of window AC brackets for my office from the appliance recycling area, so we can return the one we just paid $30 for recently. Free beats $30 any day! :)

Sorry if I already posted it. I guess the stuff from the dump was last month. It's been such a busy week here I can't remember what I posted where or at all.

·
Super Moderator
2,130 Posts
when we moved into our first house (an old one) there was no stove, and for a month or so we cooked in a square electric skillet, hot plate, and rotisserie oven. Good times.

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when we moved into our first house (an old one) there was no stove, and for a month or so we cooked in a square electric skillet, hot plate, and rotisserie oven. Good times.
We did the same many many years ago after a fire. Electric skillet, 2 burner hot plate and a convection/microwave. Think almost 2 years.

Reactions: bookwormpeg

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
SD, skillet would be perfect in the camper

so far this month

3 boxes suddenly salad BOGO
bottle of water
cake

Reactions: Spirit Deer

·
Super Moderator
2,130 Posts
went to an "after-rummage" sale where everything was free - got 3 sweaters, some cloth napkins (both to use and vintage ones to resell), extension cord, music CD's, CD rack, yarn, small alarm clock, new slippers.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,099 Posts
Four or so packages of malted milk balls from a grocery store.

More salvaged stuff including this cabinet, which I did minor repair to this morning. I will be adding wheels and using this very sturdy little gem as a new rolling table for my drill press.

Four washer tubs to use as large planters.

A vintage end table made of 2x4s to use to set one of the washer tubs on. I'll make three more out of lumber salvaged earlier.

We're not salvaging much right now because we don't need too much. I'm ecstatic about the little cabinet though. I was planning to make something similar but now I don't have to. Repairs took about an hour and a half and I could not have built a drawer in that amount of time, let alone the entire cabinet. I couldn't believe it when I saw it on the debris pile at the dump, just what I needed when I needed it, again. I seem to be lucky that way. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I get alot free,furniture pieces,odds an ends things and i repurpose it all what i can't use goes to my church for bazaars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts