Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New month! What are you all getting free?

Magazine
Bag of popcorn at daughters bank

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
$30 gift card to a restaurant. It came today. I rarely eat out because of health issues and the organic diet I try to keep. I'll use it to take my brother out or re-gift it.

·
Super Moderator
2,131 Posts
3 flower pots off listserv. One ceramic, one copper with plastic liner, one basket with plastic liner. I used the basket one to corral my gloves/hats/etc in the front hallway.

·
Super Moderator
2,131 Posts
Also, a few packages of cardboard colored address labels. I don't think I can use them for printing postage, but they will be good for covering up bar codes on re-used shipping boxes.

·
Super Moderator
20,104 Posts
I got three large pieces of lightweight poster board that were going to be thrown away at our political convention yesterday. One side has been written on (sparingly) but the other sides are blank. I'll use our paper cutter to make small pieces from them. I have key tags for our dogs to use when we're camping, to write our campsite numbers so if we lose a dog, someone can bring her or him 'home' to our site. The small pieces of paper will fit inside the key tags, which will be attached to the dogs' harnesses. The three large pieces I got will make hundreds of slips of paper to use, which will last us years.

I got a boxed lunch from Subway, leftover from the convention yesterday. We split it and had an easy supper, which was much appreciated after a very long and tiring day. I also got two cans of pop from the convention.

Do political brochures count? I got a ton of those. They're a help in deciding who to vote for, so I guess they have some value at least to me.

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
So far, a giant sized bag of chips, a dozen fresh free range eggs "from chickens who have names", and 3/4 lb of Vermont maple candy.

Reactions: NikoSan999
1 - 20 of 21 Posts