Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am starting this up - to see if I can better keep track of what I really do get for free!!

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I just picked up flower pots from a Freecycler. One of them I'm washing up, putting in some Chocolate Mint from my yard, and giving to my mom for Mother's Day. I gave her some before but for whatever reason it didn't survive. I'll give her a fresh batch to enjoy.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
pkg pretzel m&m's
big mac
small mocha frappe at micky d's
dh and dd each got a snow cone

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Tonight I got:

*2 Skintimate shaving creams (I got a total of 4 this week)
*2 Reach Total Care toothbrushes (I got a total of 8 this week)
*1 Stayfree 24 count package (I got a total of four packs for the week)
*1 Plackers 90 count Dental floss (Got two of these packs this week)

Went to Walgreen's with $3 in Register Rewards. Paid $1.89 in tax plus my $3 RR. Walked out with my goodies and an $5 more in Register Rewards. Nothing like it when they pay you to take their stuff home. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Several recipe magazines from a coworker. :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
4 nivea
2 soaftsoap
4 rolls paper towels
1 dove bar
1 bag bakes chips
4 bars of soap
3 pkgs bik razors
3 sure deoderants
2 pert plus
1 pert plus for men
5 jello pkgs
2 nivea lip gloss
4 sobe waters

·
Registered
580 Posts
For the month of May so far I have gotten:
1. treated to lunch by a df
2. coupon inserts by same df

·
Registered
525 Posts
3 24oz ketchup
1 coupon train envie
a huge box from post its with TONS of stuff in it
1 loaf of garlic parm bread

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Too much stuff to keep track of, with our local town 'swap shop'! But my BIG find- a FREE wooden swingset. Yup, free. Cost us the $10 in gas we put in a buddy's truck to go pick it up, and $5 or so for some new dowels for new rungs. Will need a paint job too, but my 1 and 4 year old aren't complaining! Got if off freecycle, just happened to be online when it was 'posted'.

We didn't have a swingset yet- I wanted a metal one, was far cheaper to purchase, hubby HATES the look of the metal ones, but wooden was outside our reach financially. I must have earned some good Karma somewhere!

2 swings, a glider, a slide and a 'steering wheel', along with monkey bars and fort house.

·
Registered
525 Posts
3 bags of candy
6 bars of soap
1 bag of tostinos
6 yogurts
1 envie train
2 booklets of q's from publix
2 coloring books
1 poweraid drink

·
Registered
525 Posts
1 bottle adult multi vitamines 100 count
2 botttles 100 count childrens chewables
2 boxes 30 count bandaides
1 tube anti itch cream
1 bottle childrens chewable tylenol

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
About 15 vegetable seed packets! My local hardware store had a box with last years' seed packets in it, marked "free"!

Whoopee!

Judi

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Do gifts count? Or just things we score through freecycle and such?

·
Registered
672 Posts
First May freebie.

full sized bottle of Dove Damage Therapy Daily Moisture conditioner and 5 samples to give to friends with 1.00 off coupons for any dove hair product.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Today's haul:

5 Nivea body wash (Publix paid me to take these :))
16 Whiskas wet cat food
1 box of Puffs w/lotion

Yesterday my daddy brought me 4 tomato plants and 2 cucumber plants along with 4 big, huge, gigantic buckets to put them in.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Three plants from bf: bleeding heart, columbine, double columbine and I still have $10 leftover on gift card.

Food at work all week, it was teacher's appreciation week but we all get to enjoy the goodies. One day was breakfast burritos, another day was nachos which lasted 2 days, one day was breakfast muffins/pound cakes/bagels spread and one day was desserts of all kinds. (to those who care, was not purchased with district money, it was from ptso and those sorts of groups) :cents:

Free iced mocha on..Monday I think, my friend was having a super-duper craving and invited me along. :hat:

Free soda when I visited my mom last weekend.

Free advice from car guy; granted I paid to have the car fixed but the one guy spent extra time talking to me about my specific car to help me out in the future. Thought that was worth mentioning, he really didn't have to.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I won a free bottle of white wine! DH was having some sort of pasty at work and I sent in a salad and won the salad catagory!

free aveeno hair samples
free lunch was invited to a bday party for my DS bff 6th bday. so free lunch and rest time for mamma while kiddos ran and had a ball.

·
Registered
501 Posts
12 bottles of salad dressing
18 packages of trail mix
10 bottles of body wash
3 boxes of ziploc bags
1 box of macaroni and cheese
shampoo samples in the mail

·
Registered
501 Posts