Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped and picked up a slightly bent/rusty giant wire dog crate/indoor-kennel off the side of the road with "free" on it. I think I can use the parts for garden fence gates or to strengthen my craptastic diy screen door or even a chicken isolation unit...so many possibilities! the plastic bottom will make a good new chicken poo-tray for the current chicken solitary confinement unit. It barely fit in the car but pushed real hard and the window didn't bust out when I slammed the door so it was fine.

·
Super Moderator
20,691 Posts
We salvaged a couple crates, too, over the yrs. You're right, so much potential.

We got a free $5 off coupon from Ace Hardware. Perfect timing because I'm going to add an outside shelf to our camper, and stainless steel hardware ain't cheap. I'm hoping but not expecting $5 will cover it all but it probably won't. Should cover most if it, though.

I think we have rebates from Menards to cover the folding shelf brackets I'll need, too. Those will be about $10/both. I got the shelf itself free from salvage, and have the spray paint for it in stash from other projects.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We are collecting free books for a fund raiser, donation book sale to benefit the local animal rescue.. At one senior living complex we were given 7-8 boxes of books from there community library and the kitchen gave us about 40 loafs of bread that were a day old donation from a local bakery... We re bagged the loafs and froze them.. Works out well for us..

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
a pack of christmas gift tags
a pack of seasonal rubber stamps

·
Registered
147 Posts
1 box Veggiecraft pasta
1 box Jonny Pops frozen treats
A few food storage containers from cleaning out my Mom's house
Some lotion from Mom's house
2 packages paper plates from Mom's house
Pair of earbuds from Mom's house
Package of socks from Mom's house
1 deodorant from Mom's house
1 wallflower scent plug and fragrance from Mom's house
1 lint roller from Mom's house
1 3lb bag of apples from Mom's
Probably some other stuff from Mom's I'm forgetting

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
Two $5 rewards from different stores.

·
Registered
147 Posts
More from cleaning out Mom's hoarded house:

10 microfiber cleaning cloths
6 pairs of socks
Halloween cat towel (hangs from the stove handle)
Product Fashion Orange Textile Baby & toddler clothing

Some food from commodity boxes that my Dad's neighbors receive and he won't use. Giving most to friends. There are 7 more bags of powdered milk in my car not pictured.

Butter dish and chicken are from my Mom's house. Both are going to my best friend.

Ingredient Convenience food Food Aluminum can Packaging and labeling

More from Mom's house:
Vera Bradley weekender bag
2 purses
1 jacket
1 tank top
1 massager thing

Sleeve Wood Comfort Linens Pattern

Not pictured:
2 adult coloring books
1 pack Crayola colored pencils
2 small bottles of lotion and 1 bigger bottle
1 package wet wipes
1 umbrella

I also drank several sodas while helping and Mom bought breakfast at McDonald's (egg and cheese biscuit and large diet coke)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts