Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kicking this one off:) We got cardboard boxes for the garden yesterday. Must start mulching soon!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Freebie for daughter.Free admission to the homecoming dance. They surprised the students that were making straight a's by giving them free tickets to the dance.

Reactions: Winkie and Jo Roma

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got a free tank of gasoline. Took a friend home after she dropped her car off at shop, she filled my gas tank even though the needle barely moved on gas gauge from the trip.

Reactions: Jo Roma

·
Registered
163 Posts
My son also bought me a case of chicken leg quarters. I am sharing them with my friend who is always doing something nice for me. Anyway, it was a 40 lb. case for $10

Reactions: Brat and Jo Roma

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
2 cans of bread crumbs, free between sale and coupon.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
80 packets of pure stevia
package of gem dounuts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
CVS has a coupon for a free pint of Ben and Jerry's

got a full size box of tampons, WTH? I'm supposed to do a survey, it starts with when was your last period? That would be 9 yrs ago, end of survey, lol. I must've given my info to a company that sells it to others.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
1 gallon of milk and my landlord gave me free pumpkins from his nursery business to dedorate the front deck with.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mmm mightn't count, but I saved a pile of my own black swan poppy seed as well as kale, broad bean, cereal rye & chilli peppers (muerto gringo) :) So no need to buy any of those nest year :D

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Way too many pears. I picked 4 almost-full grocery bags of them. Someone in town has a tree overflowing with them and they invited anyone interested to come grab as much as they wanted before the frosts hit this weekend. The tree was so weighted down with fruit that some limbs had snapped! Three other people had also dropped in to pick while I was there, and we didn't even make a visible dent in the fruit on the tree despite each taking a lot!

I spent my afternoon making pear sauce (and attempted to can some, but none of the cans set- grrr), pear muffins, and fruit leather is processing in the dehydrator right now. Luckily everyone loves the pear sauce, so even though I have multiple jars that must go into the fridge instead of into the pantry, we can power through it. After all of that, I had no drive to attempt to reprocess it today. Maybe the next batch will go better.

But I still have 3 bags of pears left!!! I think I went a little overboard, but the tree is ridiculously overflowing with fruit. The woman's generosity, to invite complete strangers to come help themselves, really made my day today, even if we're now choking on too many pears.

Reactions: Jo Roma and peanut

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
A friend of my sister-in-law's gave me a whole bag of dyed wool yarn for rug hooking! :)

ETA: Khaski, I wish I lived closer to you! We love pears! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts