Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
1lb pkg OM bologna
had to have my wedding ring cut off, the jeweler refused to charge me so I gave him a nice tip

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
3 1 lb pkgs spaghetti noodles
3 jars spaghetti sauce
ice cream

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
* 3 bottle (single serve) apple juice (leftover from a work event that I wasn't invite too ;))
* free scientific calculator that I won
* 2 bags lindt truffles (sale, coupon, UPR) will use towards Christmas gifts ;)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
1lb pkg OM bologna
had to have my wedding ring cut off, the jeweler refused to charge me so I gave him a nice tip
sample pack of folgers coffee
travel size body wash

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
1lb pkg OM bologna
sample pack of folgers coffee
travel size body wash
small bag unwrapped milky way candies
full size Pantene thickening treatment for hair

·
Registered
412 Posts
Next week I'll get everything for free: one week in a hotel for me and DD, breakfast, lunch, dinner, evening meal, the travel, and my job will get a refund for my paycheck from the state. I also will get to attend sign language classes that I later can use towards a degree. My daughter will get special attention in the school for deaf, and meet new and old friends from all over the county.

I love living in a welfare state!

The challenge will be to not spend everything we save in the shopping malls by the hotel - the town where the deaf school is situated is much bigger than our home town, and the hotel is located inside the largest shopping area there. Luckily we are not travelling by car this time, so everything we buy has to be hauled home by public transportation.
Hubby and youngest DD will be home alone, and they will be needing food. So it won't be a complete no spend week. But hopefully the total will be less. :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
We got a $50 gift card to Home Depot and an up right freezer:)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Two tents, a camp stove, several cans of propane, light sticks, bungee cords, tons of rope, two nice hunting knives, 3 mag lites, 2 boxes shotgun shells, rain suit, flares and a flare gun, one full bottle and a half bottle of lamp oil, batteries, first aid supplies, brooms, mop and new mop head. My bff moved into her new home and this is all stuff her ex left and the divorce papers gave it to her.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I got 2 8 oz. containers of paint from Lowes and a free desk chair from my mama.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Receivd the book The One Year Of Famish Peace by Tricia Goyer for free for promoting the book on Facebook and Pintret. Very nice book.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I was doing some updates on an old how-to notebook at my job, reallllllyyy nit-picky stuff (I literally had to change tabs from A-B-C to 1-2-3!!!) When I pulled the old coversheets out of the notebook to put in the new ones, I found a $25 Outback Gift Card!

(I'd love to think the boss put it in there just to be nice, but fact is, somebody must have shoved the book in a drawer where the gc was and it must have gotten stuck... oh well, they're all looonnnnn gone (nobody has touched this book in over 2 years, from the look of it) so mine now!) :) Also good at Carraba's.... what a lovely choice to have to make...

·
Registered
262 Posts
I got a dining room table. It originally belonged to my grandparents. My cousin had it, but didn't really like it. It needs to be refinished, and for now I will just keep it under a tablecloth.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts