Frugal Village Forums banner

What did you get free in Sept.?

Tags
free sept
10K views 120 replies 40 participants last post by  Little Birdie 
#1 ·
Starting this now, in anticipation of tomorrow's mail! And at the store with free coupons!

#30 ·
Sept 6th

~ freebie coupon for one bag of Goodlife Dog/Cat food
~ Biz sample
~ Blue dog food sample

#31 ·
9/7:

-Biz Sample

-Intuition Razor

-Thermometer for our Weber grill - This broke a few months ago and I finally went on line to order a new one. I could not find it on there site so I called the 800 #. The rep asked what the problem was and also when the grill was purchased, she then told me it was still under warranty and sent it to me for free. The grill is 4yrs old!!! And to think, I was ready to pay for a new one.

#34 ·
I brought home one of those big toy cars for my daughter to ride on. Someone had it out for the garbage man. She loves it and I dont have to worry about leaving it outside and someone stealing it.

It was in good shape, but I gave it a good cleaning before letting her use it - in case anyone was concerned

#38 ·
Landlords raised the rent $200 dollars a month and people are fleeing the builing in droves so today I dumpster dove

One working almost new floor lamp - friend who was diving with me took it as I already have a nice floor lamp

Almost new wastebasket and toilet brush set... going to soak in bleach before using

A very nice, nearly new towell, obviously expensive, egyptian cotton

1/2 box of S.O.S pads

1 very nice wine glass

1 unopened package of disposable razors

We also found but did not take as we did not need/want them

1 desk that needs a little repair, a mop, a broom, a table in need of easy repair, collabsable cloth chair Ikea style and a small chrome rack/cart for kitchen, left them a little obvious so hopefully someone else will take them home...

I am always amazed at how wasteful people can be.

I also garage saled 4 silver plate serving spoons .25 cents each
1 small limoges demitasse (sp) chocolate cup, no chips, cherry blossom pattern $1
4 books $1
1 cool 1950's state tourist glass for West Virginia, like brand new $3
1 very nice roasting pan from the 30s to 50s. Has a very deco feel, the whole thing is cast into a single piece so the handles will never come off, has a matching lid and the original roasting tray inside. I have been looking for one for over a year now. I was determined not to pay $30 for a thin cheap one or even more for a good quality one at a specialty shop.
This was marked $10 and I got it for $5.
Woo Hoo!! Great day for deals!

Christine

#40 ·
2 bags cat food
1 coffee sample
1 d&d gift card
1 set teeth whitners
1 nice cover girl lip gloss
1calculater
1 green locker mirroe
1 3 pk of pens
free pizza for me and the kids from mom.

#41 ·
oh yeah almost forgot!!
1 jar barilla sauce and pasta...by far not my fav but the one for backing is really good. i love rague.
1 more bottle of maple syrup
1 bag noddles
2 bottles air freshner
a set of clorox wands thingies for the toilet from mom
chicken from hubby. will debone and freeze. i love when he brings it home. so easy to add it to my cooking.
2 cans tuna
3 boxes cereal

#42 ·
So far....

2 issues of People (I get my mom's every week after she reads it. It is one of my favorite mags)

Oak entertainment center from my aunt

Razor in the mail

Veggie tray, chocolate cake, Panera Bread bagels and Panera cream cheeses, fruit tray - all from DH's co-workers for his birthday celebration.

Mom gave each of the kids $20 Saturday and gave DD another $10 last Thursday. (Does this count since it was given to the kids?)

Big stack of ESPN, Time, and Sports Illustrated mags from my step-mom and daddy.

Oh....I almost forgot my mom gave me $20 for running an errand for her. I would have done it anyway, but she insists I take the money.

$75 gift card to the mall, $25 gift card to Publix and $50 gift card to Wal-Mart from my mom.

CFO magazine and Natural Health Magazine - from free subscriptions DH gets.

#44 ·
3 big bottles of Johnson's Softwash body wash -- free at Wal*Mart after $4 off coupons. :)

And loads of other stuff that was nearly free...I love coupons!

#46 ·
Geesh, more than I can think of off hand. Last week I got 2 28 ounce jars of jelly. Just today, from Freecycle, I picked up a hamster, her cage, bedding, toys, food, ect. and an Ikea kitchen/microwave cart that's perfect for us. My boys are going to be so excited when they see their new to them hamster. :)

#47 ·
A pack of star shaped post~it notes
coupons
a nice planter that dad got at the fair that someone didn't want because they said it had a flaw {can't really tell it does}:thumb:

#50 ·
2 balck t shirts
1 bag sun chips
2 pks. pringles
6 lbs of chicken legs
2 foil pk of tuna fish
2 pks of 8 scott pt
1 12 count tp
2 brownie mix
1 johnson body wash...total of 5!!!!!!
1o dish towels
1 pk microwave pop corn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.