Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New month, new year, new decade, new freebies!

Expired food from the pig bins at the food shelf. Granulated sugar, 5 lb. bag. Gee I hope it isn't spoiled. Egg Noodles.

Anything over 1 year past sell by date is put in for the pigs, even if it is something that doesn't go bad.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
I found a lottery ticket in my purse that I think a student gave me for Christmas, scratched it off and won $50!

·
Super Moderator
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got some avocados at the food shelf that were being thrown out (weekend). About half were good, the rest I made masks with. Mixed with olive oil for hair mask, mixed with aloe for face mask. Used both this morning, now I am BEAUTIFUL!!!! just kidding. I froze the rest in ice cube trays for future use.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Free breakfast sandwich and tea with a gift card that we got for Christmas.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Super Moderator
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A quart of pecan halves from a fellow volunteer. Came in something I have never seen before in my 63 years, a dark brown glass canning jar. I didn't know they existed!

·
Registered
955 Posts
My mother in law gave me her high end serger plus a bunch of the accessories, thread, etc. Woo hoo! :) I had been teasing her that I wanted her to will it to me when she passes and she said, well she wasn't really using it anymore, so she just handed it over.

·
Registered
955 Posts
A quart of pecan halves from a fellow volunteer. Came in something I have never seen before in my 63 years, a dark brown glass canning jar. I didn't know they existed!
That's probably the Ball Amber jars. They just started producing them within the last few years. They have brought back a number of colors as limited editions (blue, purple, green, etc.).

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
590 Posts
my friend gifted us a pork roast, a pkg of hamburger patties, a pkg of boneless pork chops. a loaf of wheat bread, a pkg of chibatta rolls, apples, plumbs, a bag of onions, a bag of potatoes, peppers, and an oreo dessert. Since we have an extra family living with us, she thought we could use the extra food

·
Registered
590 Posts
My friend just dropped off a box of goodies for us. Pkg of rolls, pkg of croissants, large pkg of pork chops, pan of twice baked potatoes, pan of Macaroni and Cheese, 5lb bag of apples, large pkg strawberries, pkg of cherry tomatoes, bag of clementines, and a large bag of salad.

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
1 loaf bread
9 lb bag Meow Mix cat food
3 party size bags of chips
1 bag onion rings
2 bags salad romaine
1 canister Coffee Mate
1 magazine in the mail

Can't think of anything else.

·