Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Information/advice/instructions/inspiration!!!

A lot of (most) of us here are old enough to remember the "bad old days" when if you wanted to know something, you had to hunt it down in a book or magazine-- and if you didn't own a book, you had to buy one (or at least wait for the library to have it in stock!) In 1997, I bought a whole cookbook just for a chinese food recipe (that didn't even turn out to be good!)

Yesterday I got for free:
My choice of recipes for beef and broccoli (with reviews, ratings and advice from other cooks!)
Tutorials on how to make the ears for DD18's latest silly hat

It's not something you can touch, but it was something I would have had to pay for in the past, so I am taking a quick gratitude moment both for the free knowledge, and for less cookbook-and-craft-magazine clutter in my life!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Friends are leaving for Florida for 3 months, they gave us all the open condiments in their fridge, pretzels,chips, new popcorn tin of popcorn , pound of butter, old fashion mix drink mix, carrots, dressings, A1, Heinz 57, and 2 free tickets to a baseball game in April that they can't use. They are thankful not to waste it.

·
Registered
10,555 Posts
Well, good news, DH and I each won a $10 gift card from a NYE drawing at a hobby store.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got a box of these adorable snowman macaroons. They were in the donation area because they are seasonal/Christmas cookies. Very slightly stale, but delicious!
Snowman Egg Tableware Egg Event

I also got a free gallon of organic 2% milk from the donation area. I'm guessing it was a mispick as the date on it is still good for a couple weeks, but it's not a brand my store usually sells.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Those macaroons are so cute! I haven't got free covid tests yet but bought 2 last time they were well stocked at a drug store.

DID get about a dozen issues of "The Sun" magazine at the library free exchange rack last night! I love that magazine. No adds, all poems, stories and non fiction writing. I pass them on again when I'm done. 1 is from January 2022. Imagine my excitement. The others range back to 2017 but it's not like poetry goes out of date.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Happy birthday. I used to go and get free birthday hamburger and ice cream but not eating out at the moment...... actually we really have gift cards we should be using up.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Kim-- I used to do that with my Discover Card when I was working, paying it off twice a month when I got paid... I don't miss the work or the expenses, but I do miss the "free" money! You are right, it adds up!

Sis stopped by to bring something that had accidentally gone to her house after the family meal last weekend and brought some cookies from a place called CRUMBL, which I guess is trendy right now... good, but too big (I never thought I would say something like that when I was younger!!!) 🤣 😜

Reactions: marthamfi
1 - 20 of 20 Posts