Frugal Village Forums banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

Registered
I see I'm not alone in my love of plastic cutlery. 馃榿 I do love free and I do hate washing dishes. I almost exclusively eat yogurt with granola and a hunk of cheese for lunch at work every day. I use the same plastic spoon all week, then throw it away on Friday.

My newly gifted, individually wrapped, special plastic cutlery will be specifically used for on-the-go. We must maintain some semblance of decorum. 馃お

Registered
Free stuff today!

Had a $1 extra care buck on my card at CVS that expired today so I got some crackers. I'll be danged if another extra care buck didn't print on the receipt. I'll take it, I just don't shop there that often. It may go to waste. They were out of the antibiotic ointment that was supposed to be free with digital coupon.

Wood Brick Rectangle Font Brickwork

I got this Goldthread Tonic with a free coupon at Publix. They only stock this flavor at my store so I hope it's good. I get free coupons for these natural type products from Social Nature. You sign up and indicate your dietary preferences and location. They will let you know when coupons (they call them samples) are available that might interest you and that are carried in stores near you. You take a short quiz to determine if they'll send the coupon. The catch is that you have to submit a review of the product on their site within 2 weeks. It's super easy to do. I have a TON of Schar gluten-free bread coupons coming. Socialnature.com

Bottle Liquid Product Fluid Glass bottle

Not pictured:

4 protein drinks a coworker gave me
1 Crumbl cookie at a Lunch and Learn (these things are massive and expensive!)

Got these last week and a few days ago but not sure I mentioned:

8 bottles Sundown vitamins zinc
3 bottles Sundown vitamins gummy vitamin C

Super Moderator
In the EU, plastic disposable items such as cutlery, plates, cups, plastic bags are banned and to be honest, I think it's a good thing.
I didn't use such things even before the ban.
I mostly agree with that. Are all plastic bags banned, or just shopping bags? What do you use for trash if all bags are banned? We end up reusing a lot of our "disposables". 馃ぃ馃ぃ

We can't get any common-sense laws passed right now in this country. It's infuriating to have so many science deniers in power holding us back while more and more extreme weather events destroy our country and the world. 馃が馃が馃が

Registered
I mostly agree with that. Are all plastic bags banned, or just shopping bags? What do you use for trash if all bags are banned? We end up reusing a lot of our "disposables". 馃ぃ馃ぃ

We can't get any common-sense laws passed right now in this country. It's infuriating to have so many science deniers in power holding us back while more and more extreme weather events destroy our country and the world. 馃が馃が馃が
[/ZITIEREN]
Plastic shopping bags are prohibited.

I don't use trash bags, but "everyone else" does. I don't need bin liners because I compost kitchen waste. All other waste is dry and therefore does not need to be wrapped for disposal.
My mother put a newspaper in the trash can to make it easier to clean the bucket. (Where I grew up from there were no plastic bags)

Registered
I got lucky today. Actually, I only wanted to buy flowers for a birthday, but in the shop they had "savior bags" for 3 euros again today.
Bag Material property Packaging and labeling Packing materials Font

It contains fruit and vegetables that are said to be no longer sellable because they no longer look pretty enough. You have to take the contents as they are packed in the bag.
I can find no lack of the things. I saved at least 10 euros and was very happy.

Food Ingredient Natural foods Tuber Plant

I am changing my meal plan.
Tonight we had vegetable salad
Tomorrow at noon there will be rice porridge with fruit salad
Sunday lunch there are grilled meat slices with cauliflower
On Monday at noon there is cauliflower soup and toasted bread

Registered
Excellent find, miteigenenhaenden! I wish we had that option here.

I won a $20 gift certificate in a drawing.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts