Frugal Village Forums banner
61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I got lucky today. Actually, I only wanted to buy flowers for a birthday, but in the shop they had "savior bags" for 3 euros again today.
View attachment 59619

It contains fruit and vegetables that are said to be no longer sellable because they no longer look pretty enough. You have to take the contents as they are packed in the bag.
I can find no lack of the things. I saved at least 10 euros and was very happy.

View attachment 59620

I am changing my meal plan.
Tonight we had vegetable salad
Tomorrow at noon there will be rice porridge with fruit salad
Sunday lunch there are grilled meat slices with cauliflower
On Monday at noon there is cauliflower soup and toasted bread
Fantastic deal!

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Awesome Vexed ! arcades are fun but $$. here they are moving away from disposables that are plastic but use bamboo instead but depends on what city. I have a collection of spoons etc from demos and holding parties. Here they are recyclable though. I don't rewash. though maybe I should put out some spoons for dh ..cus though the boys says they bring back spoons..why are so many of the teaspoons and forks missing..but you know what answer I get for that..family circle cartoon not me!

that is a great veggie deal Mit! I hear you grew up with cloth napkins, bags etc way before trendy. and older members of dh family would say well everything was recycable no plastic when we were young.

meredith you get great deals! the lunches look good. dh get some free lunches at work. Not much free but got 2 boxes of Italian ices from my mom cus she thought they were gelato not scoopable ice. lemon and strawberry.

·
Registered
11,309 Posts
Free travel size shampoo/wash today. They get smaller every year.

·
Super Moderator
20,940 Posts
Thanks, Mit. We rarely get plastic shopping bags anymore. We've preferred canvas for over 20 yrs. Plastc bags break and there are just too many to reuse if we got them every time we shop. We have a huge collection of them now due to curbside pickup during covid when we didn't have a choice, but we use them for trash and other purposes. It will still take us at least a couple more years to use them all. We can't compost because we have bears here, but do throw out fruit and veggie scraps in winter for the deer.

I got 5 free onions and a roll of foil from my mom yesterday. She got a free steak lunch with tomato and cucumber salad from me.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was yesterday morning some away from my village for getting nettles and comfrey. There was also little plums. They growing at free nature, so I took some.
Nettles are for making fertilizer.
From Comfrey I had made medicated ointment for my leg
The plums I aad conservat.
Food Plant Ingredient Natural foods Recipe

Liquid Bottle Plant Solution Drinkware

Food Plant Ingredient Natural foods Tableware

Food Automotive tire Plant Recipe Ingredient

·
Registered
141 Posts
I got a 3 euro bag of vegetables and fruit again and am very happy because I saved so much money.
Food Banana Saba banana Ingredient Natural foods

I have Letscho made from the peppers and tomatoes for the winter.

Pickling Mason jar Ingredient Canning Preserved food

I'm going to make green bean soup for Friday.
For dessert there is a fruit salad made from banana, plum and peach.

Today we had potatoes with scrambled eggs and mushrooms.

Food Table Tableware Candle Dishware

Tomorrow I'll make spinach with Schupfnudeln. I already cooked the potatoes for the Schupfnudeln today.

Food Ingredient Staple food Baked goods Cuisine

So I have a few days very good and very cheap food.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts