Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a knife sharpened for free. Also a new suet feeder for the birds, and a salt shaker shaped like a clam or mussel. I only needed one. plus a large basket to keep yarn in.

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Slice of cheesecake the kid brought home and didn't eat.

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
A salted nut roll from grocery store.

A large hardcover book with 501 quilt block patterns, and a smaller quilt pattern book. Someone at Husby's work purged her sewing room and set out tons of quilt books and magazines for people to take.

A nice coffee mug from Husby's work with a saying on it that seems appropriate for someone about to retire, "oh, the places we will go" and the name of his division on it. Everyone got one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I guess this counts so here it goes, our neighbor saw my dh working on my ds car. Dh was putting on hub assemblies in the freezing cold. Our neighbor saw dh and came to help. Dh and our neighbor help each other all the time but this was really appreciated because it was so cold out.

·
Super Moderator
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
small orange juice from the gas station (smartpay reward) and $5 from the local grocery chain's online community. I get it every month if I have 4 or more activities online.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I got two old loaves of bread today when I visited the store with local food, where I used to work.
I often got free bread when I worked Saturdays, so where I didn't expect it, I kinda knew it was a possibility if there was a lot left.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.