Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Three half loaves of sourdough bread from my new job. One of them is from today and the rest are a few days old. The store is closed tomorrow so I got them instead of wasteing them.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
I got an oversized oval galvanized mop bucket on wheels to use for a planter next year at a garage sale.

Also got 3 meat sticks from the grocery store.

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I can't bear to see food thrown away, I often wind up with leftover staff treats from where I volunteer - so far, 5 cookies, 2 muffins. Since we have a never ending supply of such things coming in every day, others are very cavalier about tossing the unused portion in the pig barrel at the end of the shift.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
3 jars of herb seasoning.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3 long sleeve Henley shirts, been looking for something like that. Pair of warm gloves. 3 packages of chip-type snacks.

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check for $26+ from former electric coop, return of capital credits. I'll be getting them every other year for the next 15 years or so, as long as I keep my address up to date.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Large dog collar with a bow. Looks like it's for a male dog and Beastie is a female so I will donate it.

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
whole bunch of individual creamers, so I can put off buying half & half for a few days. Small bag of chips. We had Turkey Day at the food shelf, as we were winding up, we got a donation from a place that had had a lunch meeting that ended early, so they didn't need the lunch. It came in handy to feed hungry volunteers!

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
I got an extra quarter when I returned my cart at Aldi Saturday. It's a brand new store and someone returned the cart but forgot to chain it up and get their quarter back.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Probably isn't an issue at a brand new store, but the carts at the one close to me are terrible. They stick, and if you can't get the first one out, nobody can get any of them out. So people sometimes leave the cart "unplugged" with the quarter in it so the next customer doesn't have to wrestle with the cart. A lot of the time people will offer me a quarter for my cart rather than try and get one out of the line.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
We have the same problem at Menards. The key there is to lift the back panel of the second to last cart up just a little, the part that flips up when the last cart slides in. Otherwise that panel keeps the front of the last cart from sliding out. I wonder if it's the same with the Aldi carts. They are oversized carts like Menards has, so maybe the back panels are too heavy or something. Husby usually gets our Aldi cart, so I haven't noticed a problem.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Two large bottles of hot sauce, free for letting the vendor know their web site was broken.

·
Registered
664 Posts
My mom can’t eat sugar anymore, so I got all of her cake ingredients like a lot of chocolate chocolate, syrupy, almond flour, baking powder, spices for Christmas cookies, etc.

Also got a jar of Nutella, and two jars of homemade jam, and a liter of buttermilk.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
$10.00 check

All these below were BOGO's
1 can tomatoes
1 thing frosting
2 jars Ragu
3 boxes scalloped potatoes
1 box brownies
1 jar brown gravy
1 bag chips