Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Paint chips! I was looking for colors that will work best since it's the last time I'll be painting in this house and I want it to look nice. Sherwin Williams kindly sent me a handful of paint chips and a nice note that I could order them ten at a time if I needed more. When you're done choosing paint colors, they make wonderful, pretty bookmarks instead of the corners of junk mail and other bits I used to use. And they're in your favorite colors :) If you order wallpaper samples a lot of firms send 8-1/2 x 11 or similar size sheets that are just the right size to use as dividers in school 3 ring binders, they're sturdy, and again, you know you'll like the colors. I think I'm going to be able to recycle just about every sample I got, even the carpet ones because they're just the right size to use as coasters with a bit of felt or flannel on the underside.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Zhoen, not only did you get a lovely scarf from someone who appreciated you, you just spread the Christmas happy further! Thank you for sharing that.

Reactions: Zhoen and marthamfi

·
Registered
52 Posts
Box full of 10 light bulbs from the local "energy efficiency" program. Also a sink swivel aerator - I tried very hard to install it but it still leaked. Boo. And a shower head, which I don't need as I bought a hand-held shower this year.
Josantoro, did you try a bit of plumbers tape around the connection on the aerator? Sometimes this provides just enough seal to make things work when they're a tad off, and it's a cheap solution.

Reactions: marthamfi and Zhoen

·
Registered
52 Posts
Two medium pizzas, one bacon chicken, one feta and spinach. We live on 65th and the lady on 66th at the same house number ordered pizza (which we normally don't since it's so expensive now plus delivery fee, plus tip). Pizza delivery person literally left it on the concrete in front of the door in the rain, no doorbell, knock or anything. If they'd knocked we would have told them wrong address.

Roomie looked out to see if his Amazon delivery was there and said "Did you order pizza? It's on the ground!" He rescued both boxes from the pouring rain before the cardboard soaked through. Called the number on the box and the lady who answered said "I just called them back because my order says delivered and it sure wasn't. I guess it's your lucky day, they're making me more pizza." Because of Covid they can't take the pizzas back.

Roomie and I are living the high life here! What's really funny is he loves chicken and bacon, and I've been trying to cut down on red meat so I jokingly said "too bad they're not vegetarian" before he read the box and said "isn't feta and spinach veggie?" Divine pizza intervention? Whatever it is, I'm sure thankful.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does a free idea count? I was browsing around aimlessly drinking coffee (it's so fun) and came upon a tutorial for making seed starter pots out of newspaper or paper bags just by folding (copyrighted site so I won't link, but Google it. I've never done this, but I have a ton of brown paper bags left over from window coverings and now I have visions of starting hard to grow stuff like catnip indoors before spring then putting them in containers after frost is gone, and buying some wheat grass and potting soil instead of the rather expensive cat grass containers I've been getting for Mr. Marcel Purr Motor who does love his yummy bits of the outdoors in a sunny window.

Reactions: MaggieTru
1 - 5 of 5 Posts