Frugal Village Forums banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does a free idea count? I was browsing around aimlessly drinking coffee (it's so fun) and came upon a tutorial for making seed starter pots out of newspaper or paper bags just by folding (copyrighted site so I won't link, but Google it. I've never done this, but I have a ton of brown paper bags left over from window coverings and now I have visions of starting hard to grow stuff like catnip indoors before spring then putting them in containers after frost is gone, and buying some wheat grass and potting soil instead of the rather expensive cat grass containers I've been getting for Mr. Marcel Purr Motor who does love his yummy bits of the outdoors in a sunny window.

Reactions: MaggieTru

·
Registered
10,353 Posts
Does a free idea count? I was browsing around aimlessly drinking coffee (it's so fun) and came upon a tutorial for making seed starter pots out of newspaper or paper bags just by folding
I have done that. Know that the paper does not last long. It will soak through and start to fall apart. So while it is good for starting you should expect to plant or re-pot within a couple of weeks.

Reactions: MaggieTru
41 - 44 of 44 Posts