Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
4 potatoes, 3 onions, 2 squash, and 4 pack of tp!

Actually one of the squash is a tiny gourd but that didn't fit with my 12 days of Xmas type count down of freebies. I helped with a community garden event. It is with the 2nd harvest food distribution center so the had us come in and get some of the food that was still there from the Tuesday delivery. I could have had tons more but stuck with what I would truly use. The gourd and squash were grown in the garden

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Maybe premature but a friend from dog club will be tearing out a lot of her landscaping because her dogs like to eat the bad plants. So I will get a bunch that are being dug up - hostas, 3 azaleas, nandina. My dogs don't eat the landscape....

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Jo- That's a wonderful surprise!
RedSpruce- Happy early Birthday! When is the day? That's a very nice gift!
Maggie- Good score on the veggies and TP!
Dlrcpa- Wow, that's a great collection of plants! I love azaleas.....

I got landscaping rock...Someone giving theirs away and my yard needs it badly....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rujerro, my birthday is tomorrow…the 4th. :)

No freebies today yet. Though I am making jelly from red currants my sister gave to me in September. Hold it! Yes! My walking buddy gave me two iced pumpkin spice cookies - one for me and one for Hubby. They were really good!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
RedSpruce do what you want on your birthday! Hope all your baking turns out well. I made gingerbread biscotti yesterday - my personal favorite. They also store well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
RedSpruce do what you want on your birthday! Hope all your baking turns out well. I made gingerbread biscotti yesterday - my personal favorite. They also store well.
Thanks! I am doing what I want. 😁 I made the muffins this morning. I’m making a gallon of yogurt in my Instant Pot for the first time today. I’ve never made yogurt in my Instant Pot. I did a grocery receipt analysis in August and discovered we were spending over $40/mth CAD on yogurt. Not impressed. Since then I’ve been making my own. Hubby wants sweet flavoured ones and I like mine plain. I told him if it’s homemade he can flavour it however he wants!

We go through 2 quarts of yogurt in a week. I use it to replace ice-cream, whipped cream, milk in baking, and with fruit and granola for breakfast, or just fruit for dessert.

I put Hubby on supper duty. He’s making stew.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Happy Birthday Red Spruce enjoy your day baking it still to hot here to have oven on very long. 💐 :coffee:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Today both DDs wanted McDonalds at different times as I was dropping them places, so I got a free cinnamon roll for DD14 to give to her work friend and a free apple fritter for DD17 to take to her bestie (using deals on the app.) Thursday one of the ladies at the local thrift gave me my soda for free. Then today I just picked up some freecycle garlands and stuff that I will rework and use to decorate the Wednesday clinic my school has me at right now.

I used my discount and some rewards points at one of the thrifts to pay $2.73 instead of $10.28, so I'm sure that makes SOMETHING I bought there free, but I can't say I feel like figuring out WHAT... 😜

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Got $10 Target gift card for placing $50 pickup grocery order.
Got $10 Kohl's "appreciation" promo gift code by email.
Got a free "oat" coffee creamer at the grocery store.
Finished earning $25 gift card of my choice for doing surveys.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts